Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Does your doctor bill for more than one visit on same day? >

Does your doctor bill for more than one visit on same day?

Does your doctor bill for more than one visit on same day?

Old 07-25-2011, 06:31 AM
Power Poster

Sounds like double billing to me. I would call the insurance company.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:52 AM

This sounds like insurance fraud. A local dentist was criminally charged for doing someting strange with the billing system. Perhaps the billing girl does not know what she is doing. I would not pay that bill and definitely do some calling around....insurance company, doc's office. This should not be happening.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:01 AM

Where is this great doctor? He is VERY RARE. I would change in a heartbeat. Here, if you have more than one problem, you have to make another appt to address the second issue with him. More co-pay and more insurance money...
Old 07-25-2011, 09:24 AM
tmw

i found out i get charged for the room , like rent. when i go to the drs. and they said its legal, what next?
Old 07-25-2011, 09:35 AM
mim

Yes, this is legal when the doc is part of a hospitah clinic. The hospital owns the facility and the doc rents space.

He should only be charging for his time. I think the ins companies should make new CPT codes for physician only. You and the companies are both getting ripped off IMHO when there is a double charge.

Send the doc a letter asking him for his method of charges and send a copy to the ins company.

Mim

I just went thru this with an anesthesia billing. There were 2 surgeries at the same visit but only one anesthesia. Fortunately I used to set up computers for Dr practices so I knew. I got it wrttten off when I mentioned questioning the Atty General. And they hadn't sent both bills to medicare

Originally Posted by tmw
i found out i get charged for the room , like rent. when i go to the drs. and they said its legal, what next?
Old 07-25-2011, 12:35 PM

Why are some of you blaming the Doctor? That doesn't seem right to me. Doctors don't do their own billing (at least the busy Doctors don't).
When making an appointment, ALWAYS mention what your issues are when scheduling the appointment and that way, enough time can be scheduled for you and the Doctor will know in advance what you need - no surprises!
If I were you, I'd phone the Doctor's office and ask to speak to the person that fills out the billing paperwork and go from there.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by bob1414
Why are some of you blaming the Doctor? That doesn't seem right to me. Doctors don't do their own billing (at least the busy Doctors don't).
When making an appointment, ALWAYS mention what your issues are when scheduling the appointment and that way, enough time can be scheduled for you and the Doctor will know in advance what you need - no surprises!
If I were you, I'd phone the Doctor's office and ask to speak to the person that fills out the billing paperwork and go from there.
Blaming the doctor because I used to work for him...one problem, one visit....
Old 07-25-2011, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by sailsablazin
Blaming the doctor because I used to work for him...one problem, one visit....
You worked for the Doctor in question? They and their offices are not all like the one mentioned - I know this.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:44 PM

I called the doctor's office today to speak with office manager who must do the billing in this small office. Told her that my insurance company rep said to rebill as a well woman visit so it would be paid. I got a lot of hem-hawing but was persistent. My point is that my insurance coverage for physician visits states I pay only the co-pay. I told her that I have never had a problem before and wanted to know why I am now being billed for another visit. She states because it was an extended visit. Do physicians not have different costs for extended visits? I thought that is why they are coded differently to begin with. The saga continues and I am enjoying all the comments as I do plan to find an answer.I am thinking I will see it on here before it is over.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:46 PM

Perhaps because the doctor is the one who checks off the dx and tx rendered on the flow sheet used for the visit or enters in computer if the office is computerized for records.