Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
does your home decor scream " I am a quilter"? >

does your home decor scream " I am a quilter"?

does your home decor scream " I am a quilter"?

Old 11-01-2011, 02:46 AM

Actually, very sad, but no. I don't have one quilt that I've made here. Everything has either been for a special someone or charity. Have some that are from dear relatives that are deceased, but haven't put them out. Thank God!!! But hopefully things will change here in the near future and once reorganized, bringing out the quilts.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:08 AM

I'm like hannahjo and Cathy! I have stuff everywhere!
Old 11-01-2011, 03:09 AM
Power Poster

mine is quilty all over... and there is usually a quilt project on the kitchen island
Old 11-01-2011, 03:26 AM

I am not sure! What do you think? I got 3 quilts draped across my sofa right now, 2 are pending bindings. One on the quilt rack above the sofa, one on my recliner. Only one on my dining room quilt rack. I am in the process of bringing a treadle in for the main floor:) Upstairs, yea, you can see it, quilts hanging in each room off something, quilt racks, ladders, sewing machines in two rooms, sewing room. In closets! Everywhere except the beds!

Opps, I forgot the quilted table runners on my kitchen table, dining table, and wall hanging. Yea, maybe it does scream it a tad.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:38 AM

It depends on the time of the year....Fall and Christmas, I have more quilts out on display then any other time of the year. So if you came into my house right now, you would know a quilter lived there. I think I need to get started making Spring, Summer and Winter quilts (I'm neglecting those seasons!!).
Old 11-01-2011, 04:44 AM

Nope not unless you go upstairs into my sewing room. Home looks like it belongs to a normal person...lol!!
Old 11-01-2011, 04:50 AM

Hmm... currently, my house screams that we're obviously moving soon. Before that, the living room WAS the crafting/quilting room, so not much decorating. :) More of a constant mess.

But really, when things get moved and tidied up, no... it won't scream that two quilters live there. It will say "Readers and Crafters Live Here" but not specifically quilters. Yet. I can't sew THAT fast!
Old 11-01-2011, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by emerald46
Nope not unless you go upstairs into my sewing room. Home looks like it belongs to a normal person...lol!!
Ditto! :P
Old 11-01-2011, 05:40 AM

It started with a wallhanging and will progress from there. I love to show off my crafty side.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:09 AM

Well, since my quilting frame is set up in the dining room and everyone that comes in my door see that its a dead give away! Most people say " What is THAT!!!???" I just laugh and say I'm a quilter and then they look around the living room and there is hardly a piece of furniture that doesn't have a quilt on it. I really like to look at my work since each quilt takes so long to finish that I don't want to banish them to the linen closet!