Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dog owners ... about washing kitchen floors - what do you recommend?

I purchased rolls of blue shop towels. Looks like roll of paper towels. I put on my swiffer and can get two dries and one wet. Since I only use cold water on my tie floors, I have been very pleased. Less expensive than swiffer pads.
    For really messy wet days, I can have herself stay at the door and grab an old towel to dry her.
    Each project adds to my stash of knowledge. Love sharing the results with anyone who'll look.

Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    It is easier to clean the dog's paws then the floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
    Not when you are trying to wrestle a 165 lb. Saint Bernard.
    Or when you have six dogs in the house! That's 24 feet! (Three are mine, three are my friend's dogs that we frequently babysit!) With that many unruly little feet, it's definitely easier to clean up after the fact, even when we only have 12 feet to deal with!

Blog Entries
    We don't have a dog right now, but just Vinegar is recommended very highly for linoleum. I would just use rage that can be washed again and keep using until they are worn out.
    Have a wonderful Quilting Day, make it your way!
    Marta
    Martha Tompkins

I spot clean with and old rag. I use a mop with a bucket of pine sol, Mr. Clean (whatever is on sale)to clean my floors, works for me..
    Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
    I love the micro fiber cloths my DH gets to wash his truck and my jeep. I just clamp them on to a Swiffer mop I have and use those. I use them for dishes also which are kept in a separate drawer with dish towels. The others are in a rag drawer. I use white vinegar and a teaspoon of Dawn on my floors (kitchen and bath). If I could find any Spic 'n' Span I'd use it. I'm not going to order it on line.
    I find Spic and Span at the Dollar store/Dollar Tree and sometimes Big Lots
    Kitty

Blog Entries
    I bought myself a Haan steam cleaner machine. It small, easy to use and can be used to freshen carpets as well. It's the best $100 I've ever spent. You don't have to throw the pads away, just throw them in the wash for next time. They Velcro to the bottom plate and are easy to use. I bought the machine either on QVC or HSN.

Blog Entries
    I have a Shark steam mop for the very reason you mention. Two big dogs with big dirty feet! Once a month I do give it a thouroughly cleaning, but between times I love to just use the the Shark to keep ahead of the mess.
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Blog Entries
    I have a small dog but live in the woods with a large farm pond and she brings the outdoors in with her every day, several times. I have her trained to sit on "her" towel when she gets through the door and I give her a wipe down and she gets a small treat for being a good girl.

Now if I could train my DH to do the same (wipe his feet and the dog)

I use a Liebman mop that pops into the washer. I have several mop heads and just change them out as needed.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

I have used the Sh-Mop for years. I buy 12 at a time, of the washable terry covers. It works great. Here is a link for an affordable price.

Good luck!

http://www.amazon.com/SH-MOP-Sh-Mop-.../dp/B000ALEWA8
    Creative clutter is better than idle neatness.

I use a Shark steamer, no cleaner and everything is sanitized.

I have a Swiffer dry mop but I just take an old wash cloth or rag wet it down with what I want to clean with and when it is dirty, wash it to reuse. I have never bought the throw away pads.

Forgot to mention that I just poke the rag (wash cloth) into the holes and it works as good as their expensive jobs.

I have a Shark Steamer and it does touch ups as well as the whole big thing. Most of our floors are tile.

I love the whirly mop they advertise on tv. can't think of the exact name . no vaccumning , it picks up crumbs etc. throw the mop head in the washer and you're good to go again. no hand wringing or mess. bed bath carries them.

try the whirly mop they advertise on tv. first thing that does what they claim. bed bath and beyond carries them. also walmart

When I had my dog, I got one of those large, black floor mats/rugs. It was about $30 at Target. They are the ones you see when you enter shops, Dr. offices, etc. That helped a lot. I was really surprised.

I also think you'll need more than a Swiffer. I got a mop at Home Depot. It's a sponge one. I think the ones there are a bit more hefty.

Blog Entries
    The whirly mop is the Hurricane Mop. I bought one at WalMart. I absolutely love it. I had read some bad reviews and some good. Some reviews said it was a hassle to get refund from the on-TV places. I know WalMart has a good return policy so that's why I got my mop there. I always keep my receipts. So far- my Hurricane Mop is all the TV ads say it is. I especially like not having my hands in the mater.
    TwandasMom

Power Poster
    I have tile floors in my kitchen. I use a mop- with Velcro on the bottom . It has pads that fit on the mop. I take them off to rinse and put them back on. I bought it a few years ago at Home Depot. I mop my floors everyday because I have 4 dogs.

My daughter gave me a Shark and many, many pads to go with it. I love it and I love washing the pads and knowing they are clean. froggyintexas

I love my Swiffer for quick cleans but every few days i use the Armstrong cleaner recommended for my kitchen sheet vinyl. Makes it look new!
    Sandy
    Last edited by Sandygirl; 09-12-2014 at 06:22 AM.
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2