Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Dog Phone Home.....Uh, Mom? >

Dog Phone Home.....Uh, Mom?

Dog Phone Home.....Uh, Mom?

Old 06-15-2011, 05:05 AM

Thank you, thank you for my big morning laugh. My cheeks are hurting from this one. I am just picturing that person, opening that car door and in jumps strange dog. BIG strange dog, at that. What does a person do? Assume that this a "friendly" strange dog in my car? Do I get in the car with strange dog. Will he assume that I am a "good" person and not attack me? The mind pictures just go on and on.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:43 AM

So when does your DH get out of the dog house :lol: and God Bless the lady who brought your Houini Dog home
Old 06-15-2011, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by katiescraftshop
Glad he's home now. MY boxer loves the care as well. He's a complete spaz the moment you go near the leash. Walk or ride he's all for it.
The word "walk" or the jingle of car keys pushes the buttons on my doxie Shiloh....He races around and around and then stands at the door looking at us as if to say "what are we waiting for??" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-15-2011, 06:41 AM

[quote=Ramona Byrd]I'm glad you have him back, and tags are the way to go. Both are chipped of course, but anyone who finds an animal firs looks for tags, most won't pay for a vet's bill to check for chips. They would either keep them or take them to the shelter, where they might or might not check them for chips.

I am just curious. I have never known a vet who charged for checking for a microchip and if he did I sure would let everyone know with a quickness. And shelters are "suppose" to check also. For free.
But the tags are a good idea. But its really hard to know what to do these days. I guess it depends on where you live. Someplaces are telling you not to put your address on. Phone # is ok . Especially a cell phone # its not usually tied to any address.
IF the dog has a rabies tag, they have numbers on them that can be traced back to the owner also.

But it is funny . I have not had that happen to me but my DD's dogs do that if they are in the driveway and someone leaves their car door open. Love to go for rides.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:58 AM
Power Poster

OMG! Glad you got him back.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:33 AM

I have chips in mine, too. Katie was my escape artist but now at 16 she doesn't do it as often..still, she loves to find a neighbor out having coffee on their deck. Last time she did it the neighbor said, "This puppy was starving and she is shaking like a leaf! I fed her and wrapped her in a blanket." She had her breakfast about 30 minutes before she took off and she shakes a lot. She is a Silky terrier and weighs about 8 pounds...she is really an actress. You have to love them. Glad your boy made it home.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:52 AM

glad the escape artist is home! when we call the garage to tell them we're on our way to get the car ("hi, car 23 please" ), one of my labs runs for her leash and if we don't move quickly enough, she starts telling us to get a move on! both my "girls" love car rides and would rather wait in the car while we shop than be home.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:11 AM

LOL...brought back memories of my parents' dog who took any open car door as an invitation. While they (my parents) were out in the yard with the dog, a neighbor had a friend stop by to drop off something or other. While the friend went to to neighbors house, leaving the rear car door open, you guessed it......, the dog hopped in and made himself at home. Neighbors friend left, closing the door automatically without checking, obviously. After yard work was done, parents suddenly realize the dog is gone.
Enough time transpired that "lost" posters were printed up and ready to be distributed when a "strange" car drives up and out bounds the dog.
The people got home and found this dog in their car and couldn't imagine where they picked up the four legged passenger. It seems that had made a number of stops that day, and eventually narrowed it down to my parent's neighbor's house! Their dog had a great ride that day! :lol:
Old 06-15-2011, 10:43 AM

ohhhhhhhh pets...gotta love em !!
Old 06-15-2011, 11:04 AM

After work I drove home to pick up the BF for dinner and Casey Sue came to the car for a ride too! Drove her in a circle around the apt complex and she was happy. They do love cars and wind blowing in their face. Glad yours was returned.