dog and storms

Old 10-25-2011, 09:11 AM

My doberman is also scared to death of storms. The minute the weatherband radio goes off, or it thungers, she heads to the bedroom closet. I keep a doggie bed in there for her!
Old 10-25-2011, 09:54 AM

I have 100 pound of german shephard that is a ninny in disguise. But he will basically just follow anyone who is home whining and stays stuck to your butt. Fortunately, with our work schedules, somebody is always here at the house. We make fun of him, but it doesn't seem to make him want to man up.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:30 AM

We are all scared of something. We just hid it better than animals. They look to us for comfort. They give me so much comfort daily that I don't mind a little shaking and a velcro dog.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
I didn't want to invest the money in a Thundershirt and have it not work so I used one of my DH's t-shirts. Patches is chubby and the shirt was a little loose so I tied it in a knot at the hem line. It worked!! Now I just go grab a t-shirt when it storms.
Aahhhhh good for Patches. I'm glad the t-shirt idea works. I got lucky because both my dogs could care less when fireworks go off or it storms. My Lili's grandma was so scared I had a place in the closet with a blanket she would go to when she got scared. I wish I had known about this idea when she was so scared. Good know info. :thumbup:
Old 10-26-2011, 03:59 PM
Power Poster

My little Eddy will go outside and look up and bark at the thunder to chase it away. She runs all over the yard, barking and comes back inside assured that we are now safe from harm, Then goes to sleep!
peace
Old 10-26-2011, 04:02 PM
kbs

I have one for my pit bull. There is a man down the road that target shoots and I put one of those on my pit and he seemed to be quieter. Haven't had a chance to use it for a thunderstorm. Those scare him too. My pit bull is an oversized lap dog.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Barbara47
I have 100 pound of german shephard that is a ninny in disguise. But he will basically just follow anyone who is home whining and stays stuck to your butt. Fortunately, with our work schedules, somebody is always here at the house. We make fun of him, but it doesn't seem to make him want to man up.
Ours was pretty much the same. We used the crate for him and he went in it during storms and stayed calm. but, otherwise, a big baby.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:50 PM

that's too funny, love it
Originally Posted by ube quilting
My little Eddy will go outside and look up and bark at the thunder to chase it away. She runs all over the yard, barking and comes back inside assured that we are now safe from harm, Then goes to sleep!
peace