Dogs or Kids. You Chose.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Boston1954
dogs only last so long, but then kids grow up and move away.
yeah, but sometimes they come back.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:18 PM

That is too, too funny!
Old 11-05-2009, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
And bring more. This hasn't happened to me, but it happened to my friend several times. She solved the problem by buying houses for her kids to rent.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Power Poster

That is a tough one............dogs only last so long, but then kids grow up and move away.
hopefully - - -
Old 11-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Power Poster

Well.........still laughing............all I can say is.........been there and done that with the kids.........having my grands around is sooooo much easier......much easier to keep an eye on them for a few days than their parents full time LMBO..... I do get very tickled hearing about their escapades when their mommy's call me and the first thing I hear is..."Do you KNOW What your grand----- DID!!!!" I just bust out laughing....what goes around......comes around :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :wink: :wink:
Old 11-06-2009, 07:00 AM

These are funny stories, I had a dob and a cat once and they moved the recliner to the middle of the living room (right in fromt of a huge window) any way they tore it up stuffing all over the living room looked like it snowed in there. Then a couple of months later my daughter made a make shift ladder (age 1 1/2) and climbed up to get 3 packages of diapers down, (she was to be napping) and tore all three packages of diapers up in her bedroom, again looked like it snowed in that room. HUMMMMMMMMM I wonder if it was the house. :shock: It snowed alot in that house.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
And sometimes when they come back they bring dogs and/or cats with them. :(

Our daughter moved back home for a short time when she was 20, which was 10 years ago. She brought her two cats with her. She moved back out. The cats are still here.

Our son moved back home for a couple of years when he was about 30, which was five years ago. He brought his dog, a Newfoundland/Great Pyrenees mix and a HUGE fish tank, complete with fish. Thankfully he took the dog when he finally moved out, but he left the fish behind until I threatened to kill them if he didn't get them. I really wouldn't have killed them, but I wanted the fish tank gone. It was much too large for our small dining room. He finally got them about a year ago. Finally!

Old 11-06-2009, 07:32 AM

For all young mothers and mothers to be........

Head line in Rochester NY newspaper - "Mother lets child loose on St Paul Blvd."
I was 3 1/2 and had to have a bath everynight BEFORE dinner. We lived in a neighborhood and played outside all day long - I was a tomboy. I came home for my bath - stripped to my undies and My Mom said it will be just a minute....so off I went and got Ricky and told him we should go down the street and meet our Dads at the bus stop. Off we went.... to St Paul Blvd......(me in my undies) I saw a bus coming and ran out in the street and was hit by a car.....Ricky ran home and told my mother what had happened and that I was dead! My poor mother!!! I think the car ran over me and I was tumbled underneath, but I did not make contact with the tires. Did not break anything - tons of scrapes and bruises and I had a concussion. When ever I came home for my bath after that my mother stopped what she was doing and gave it to me!! And I was never allowed to go near St. Paul Blvd again!!! And my father wasn't even on the bus I was running to meet!

If that happened today - a dirty child in undies - hit by a car because Mother wasn't watching her .... I would have been raised in a foster home.

Another time I decided to climb out my bedroom window which was on the second floor, over a driveway - I was about 2 - I took the screen off and climbed out and was hanging when the neighbor called my Mom and told her what I was doing..... I was climbing back in when my Mom arrived back upstairs!

Old 11-06-2009, 07:38 AM
Power Poster

Even when one thinks one is doing due vigilance with kids - bad stuff happens.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:11 PM

After seeing these pictures.....I just had to show you what my adorable little puppy did to my loveseat, after I had left the house to run some errands. Mind you, I was only gone for 1.5 hours!!!!!
Koda had already torn the cushions, so I had taken them off and put them in the spare bedroom thinking that I could take them to be fixed....

At first I was in shock.....then I was laughing when I grabbed the camera! The look on his face when I came in the door!!!!! Priceless!