Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: door panel

Question door panel

I recently purchased a fall panel for my front door. There's not enough room between the door and the screen door to put a wreath. So, I thought a panel would be a good idea. I can't figure out how to put it on the door. I'm quite sure it's simple, but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

If your door is smooth, you can use the Command strips. I hang my quilts using the clear push pins.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Power Poster
    ​If it is a steel door, you can use a magnetic towel rod.

Put a sleeve on it, put a dowel rod through the sleeve, attach jute or string to the dowel and hang on a command strip hook.
    Tenacity is more than endurance. It is endurance combined with the absolute certainty that what we are looking for is going to transpire. -Oswald Chambers

Use those little stick on Velcro strips.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Thank you for your responses. They all sound like they will work. Excellent.

I hang quilted things on my front door because wreaths won't fit between the door and the screen door.
    At Christmas time they sell magnetic hooks to hang Christmes wreaths, of course, that will only work on a steel door. We do and I use those. They come in Christmas colors, I bought the red on (because I have a red door) I bought it at Menard's which is kind of like a Home Depot, only closer.
    You know that feeling when you've finished all your quilting projects and your studio is perfectly clean???? Me neither.

It's not how fast you sew, it's how well you sew fast! Wait, I think that's supposed to be MOW!

I took some pics to show how I do it:
    One shows the Christmas wreath panel front, and the back showing the corner triangles I put on the back with a wood slat inserted, so the hook just grabs it
    Attached Images Attached Images

You know that feeling when you've finished all your quilting projects and your studio is perfectly clean???? Me neither.

It's not how fast you sew, it's how well you sew fast! Wait, I think that's supposed to be MOW!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BETTY62 View Post
    Use those little stick on Velcro strips.
    Be careful, some Velcro sticky strips will pull the paint off with them, ask me how I learned that.....
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
    Be careful, some Velcro sticky strips will pull the paint off with them, ask me how I learned that.....
    Funny, I learned the same thing.

Vat
    I put two (2) sleeves on the top of the door hanger and then use a regular wreath hanger that hooks over the top of the door. I have been doing this for years ever since my mother has been in an assisted living, to decorate her door for all the months of the year. Just make a regular sleeve, cut it in half , hem cut edges and apply it to the top of the door hanger. I also put a sleeve on the bottom and put a dowel in it so the door hanger will hang really flat. Good Luck ! !