Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Double Bed

Blog Entries
    Double here--no room for larger.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com/

I can manage for a short period of time. At home the queen is small with hubby and two cats

I actually sleep in an antique double bed. Couldn't fit my queen bed set into the room once I had a walk-in closet built so my sister gave me her old bed set on wood wheels, 4-poster bed, make-up dresser with tilt mirror and bench. Since I sleep alone unless kitty decides to join me it fits the bill. I now have my queen bed set as the spare/guest room. I do find the double bed a little short for me though I'm only 5'5".
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

We have slept in a double bed for 59 years. Whenever we travel and stay in a motel, they always give us a king size bed, but we always end up in the middle sleeping against each other. My husband says the best way for married couples to sleep is "sleep double in a single bed".

We have a queen but use a king size quilt turned side ways as I don't care for dust ruffles and with the dog pulling the covers down in the middle the king stiłl gives good coverage 😏

My DH is 6' 1", his feet hang off the end of a double bed.

Nope. I can't. I've done it once with my husband. We might be able to do it with just the two of us but considering we always have at least 2 of the three dogs in bed with us (and sometimes all three) a double bed is just too small.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

When I was married we had both double and queen size beds at various times. Now I have a double. Since I'm still very large and have 3 medium size beagles, it makes sharing the bed interesting. The dogs generally end up lined up parallel to the width of the bed then backed up to me; If I get there first, I get about 1/3 of the bed; if I'm last, I get to grab for whatever space I can. As for bedcovers, I can't even explain the process except that the bed linens get changed several times per week.
    From my perspective get the smallest bed you feel comfortable in. Unless you have a very large bedroom the space saved can be used more effectively. Joyce in Delaware

Have had a double bed for almost 50 years.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniePenny View Post
    same with my house. Small rooms so we have a double.
    We have a teensy bedroom that could hold a queen bed, but we preferred the double. Be happy with your double. Someday it may be too big for you. I found that out. My husband was 6'6-3/4" tall - But,,,,, I am going to start on a quilt that I would like king size so that the sides hang over a ways and also the bedroom is in the northwest corner of the house and in Minnesota it gets pretty darn cold in the winter and I need a quilt over my comforter.

Have a good day. Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

Blog Entries
    First world problems.

We have slept on a double bed for 52 1/2 years. All that will fit into our bedroom. It has plenty of room for the both of us. Our pets do not sleep with us.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    When we bought our house the bedroom downstairs wouldn't handle a king size bed so we went down to a queen. That didn't last long. I moved the bedroom upstairs and got a king size bed. We were snugglers like some couples are. We both like to spread out. Hence why I always kept two separate blankets on the bed, one for him and one for me. When I get cold, I don't care whose blanket it is, I take it. When we split I bought a full size for my downstairs bedroom and used it up until he finally moved out. It was such a comfortable bed and I usually had grandkids or my daughter climbing into my bed with no problems. When he moved out, I bought a great big kind size bed just for me. Of course I still have grandkids climbing in my bed along with my daughter but that's ok. I would never turn down visiting someone I cared about just because of the bed. I've been at my sisters plenty of times during her different rental apts and had to sleep on sofas, the floor, bunk bed. It doesn't matter, I wanted to spend time with her. If I had to I would have gotten a hotel but I always visit the ones I love. I've spent the night at my sons house who lives 10 min from me and slept on his sofa just because we wanted to spend time together or when I came home from surgery and he didn't want me at my house alone. I have lots of aches and pains no matter what but that won't stop me from being with my loved ones.
    Judy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2