Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Downton Abbey

Downton Abbey

There must be many more addicts of this show than just myself. My question is what was the deal with Bates not receiving Anna's letters? What did he do to make them give him the letters?
    BettyGee, quilter on a Rocky Mountain High

Blog Entries
    hope this works, lots of discussions here of the show
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/search....archid=6029009

How many seasons are availabe on Netflex. I only watched Season I and I am hooked.
    Lizzy in La.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzy View Post
    How many seasons are availabe on Netflex. I only watched Season I and I am hooked.
    There is only 1 season available on Netflix. I watched it & now I am hooked. Our PBS station that carries Downton Abbey is not available on our Cable. I have looked for season 2 on the web but can only find season 3. I am disappointed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    hope this works, lots of discussions here of the show
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/search....archid=6029009
    This link doesn't work.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzy View Post
    I got netflix so i could see the first and secnd season but only first season there ...7 episodes..they said season 2 available april 1

Amazon Prime has all the seasons. Amazon Prime is similar to Netflix. It's $68 a year for prime which includes free 2 day shipping when you order from Amazon. Prime also includes a free lending library if you have a kindle. You can get a 30 day trial free.

Bates threaten to expose the criminal activity of the group in prison.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kuntryquilter View Post
    There is only 1 season available on Netflix. I watched it & now I am hooked. Our PBS station that carries Downton Abbey is not available on our Cable. I have looked for season 2 on the web but can only find season 3. I am disappointed.

season 2 available april 1

Hi BettyGee,
    I hope this link works - you need to scroll down to Season 3 - for the answer re Bates !

http://downtonabbey.wikia.com/wiki/John_Bates

Let me know if there are any problems,
    Regards,
    DottyD in England, UK.

I googled www.pbs.org and came up with lots on Downton Abbey including viewing seasons 2 and 3 online -- investigate this site and enjoy -- like many viewers, I can't understand why an actor would want to leave such a popular series and a paycheck for working on it -- I too am hooked and looking forward to next season, hopefully soon, although judging from articles on making the series, preparation for filming takes a lot of time!!
    diane

Just read that the woman that plays O'Brien will not be returning for Season 4. What is it with these people?

Yep, I'm hooked. And disappointed that this season is already over. But I'd rather have a short, GOOD season, than a long one that isn't as good. I bet we have to wait quite a while for the next season to be ready.

Next season for the U.S. won't start until January, 2014. Boy, that's a long time to have to wait.

I got season 2 at the library. Watched it in 2 days. Wow.

Love the program and love how we viewers are on first name basis with the characters!
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

I won't be sad to see O'Brien leave. She's sneaky and vindictive. I know that there has to be those kind of characters or the show would be boring, but I didn't like her when she tripped Bates in the first season and despised what she did after that.( don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen 2nd or 3rd season). I really don't like her.
    A time to tear, And a time to sew;
    A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;

We watched all the episodes, even the last terrible one, on Netflix. We only have an antennae (sp?) and only get a couple of NPR (our favorite channel) and ABC news. We watched the entire series these last few weeks. I don't know why some of you aren't finding them. DH did put us down for Dowton Abbey some time ago, but we didn't start looking at them until about a month ago. A great series.

Bates, for some reason (maybe because he was sooo uncriminal-like) was disliked by his room mate and one of the guards and the guard with held his letters. I also was unsure why they disliked him so much. Maybe because his wife came to visit so often?

Is there going to be more???

Blog Entries
    the line i posted was just found doing a search for Downton Abbey discussions. there were many.

Netflix must be different in different areas, I got season 2 from netflix in Washington state.

Blog Entries
    I am addicted to this series. Hopefully next season is as good as all the rest.
    TxCaRose

I read yahoo today aging a lot of the cast are leaving the show. Why? Seems like everyone likes the series so hey re the cast members leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by jude by the sea View Post
    I read yahoo today aging a lot of the cast are leaving the show. Why? Seems like everyone likes the series so hey re the cast members leaving?
    Sorry... Yahoo reported that a lot of cast were leaving....question is why?

Blog Entries
    http://omg.yahoo.com/news/obrien-exi...173443664.html
    not sure this will work but says the mean maid is leaving and Shirley MaClaine is coming back. rats.

Our library has season 1 & 2. They will probably get season 3. Check with your library to see if they carry them.

Blog Entries
    I found season 3 on this link, but not season 2. Today, March 3 is the last day to watch season 3 on this website.

Quote Originally Posted by Abby'smom View Post
    I googled www.pbs.org and came up with lots on Downton Abbey including viewing seasons 2 and 3 online -- investigate this site and enjoy -- like many viewers, I can't understand why an actor would want to leave such a popular series and a paycheck for working on it -- I too am hooked and looking forward to next season, hopefully soon, although judging from articles on making the series, preparation for filming takes a lot of time!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast