Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Dr. put me on the Smart Pill >

Dr. put me on the Smart Pill

Dr. put me on the Smart Pill

Old 04-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by raptureready
I'm glad to live in a day and age where there are treatments for ailments that have gone untreated for so long.
I was taking my meds one day and my DH asked what I was taking. I said, "This is Lisinopril for high blood pressure. I take it so that I can live. This one is Celexa(sp?) for depression, I take it so that you can live." I thought it was hilarious, him---not so much.
ooh, I LIKE that! :lol:
Old 04-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mommaB
Here's how ADD was explained to me..both my kids were diagnosed in gradeschool. Your brain is made up of keyholes and keys, but you don't have enough keys to fill all the holes, so they jump from one hole to the next. Adderal and Ritalin fill up the extra keyholes so you can concentrate. Both meds are what we called "speed" 30 years ago and if you don't have ADD they will do exactly that..speed you up. Its remarkable that they seem to have the opposite effect on someone taking them for the proper reason! Be careful, my daughter's were stolen from her at college..its still avery popular street drug. Now she only takes a couple week's worth with her to her campus aptartment, and leaves the rest here with me for safekeeping.
yes, that is what it was called, and it got a bad rap.
It will not do that to someone that needs it...ask me how I know.
I went from 200mph to normal with one pill!
remarkable!
I don't advocate taking meds, if you can do without, but just thrilled when somebody gets a new lease on life and can QUILT :XD:
Old 04-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Honey
Years ago one of my nephews was diagnosed with ADHD. They wanted to put him on ritilin and my sister said no. Then she reserched every thing that they had on the subject. She found out that there are many foods that could affect him. A couple of things that were very bad were red food dye and preservatives. She always made meals from scratch, but began baking everything herself, canning and really watching what he ate. He was a totally different kid. A lot of people think that sugar is what makes kids hyper, and sometimes it does for a little while, but it wears off fairly fast. The food dye, preservatives, some fruit and other foods are 100 times worse and take quite a while to wear off. I'm not sure if this pertains to adult ADD, but it would be worth looking into. I know that if I eat certain foods (corned beef, aged cheese, soy sauce) or msg it will cause a migraine.
I also have multiple chemical sensitivities, so I really believe in changing your diet and if it works, GREAT!
who needs unneccessary meds? not me!
But if you can't cope, by changing your diet, I am so glad that there are meds available that work.:-D