dream house dreams

Old 06-02-2010, 02:37 PM

Well, we went today. Of course, I fell in love with certain aspects of it: the remodeled kitchen, the dining nook...etc. Our major stumbling block right now is the outside. A lot of acreage, a long driveway to remove snow from...
We are going to think about it over the weekend, do pros and cons and see where to go from there.
:) (Quilts would look good in that house. And there is a small room for a sewing room). Okay, am I trying to talk myself into this???
Old 06-02-2010, 03:50 PM

Make a list - pros on one side, cons on the other. You'll be surprised with what you come up with.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lots2do
Well, we went today. Of course, I fell in love with certain aspects of it: the remodeled kitchen, the dining nook...etc. Our major stumbling block right now is the outside. A lot of acreage, a long driveway to remove snow from...
We are going to think about it over the weekend, do pros and cons and see where to go from there.
:) (Quilts would look good in that house. And there is a small room for a sewing room). Okay, am I trying to talk myself into this???
Show us pictures and we'll be glad to help you decide. :lol: :lol:
If it looks like this then I would say go for it.....because then you would have room for alot of your quilter friends. ;) ;) ;)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-77727.jpe  
Old 06-02-2010, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by marsye
Show us pictures and we'll be glad to help you decide. :lol: :lol:
If it looks like this then I would say go for it.....because then you would have room for alot of your quilter friends. ;) ;) ;)
When I opened this up the first thing I saw was the house - I was going to say BUY IT!! - then I read your message and saw this wasn't THE house...
Old 06-03-2010, 07:23 PM

I have always wanted a log home!
Old 06-03-2010, 07:32 PM

Hope it works out for you! I have always dreamed of living in a log home.
We have a long drive here too and a hill. DH has a tractor with a blade. Sometimes I park at the top of the drive and walk down to the house. I carry boots and an extra jacket in my car all winter just in case. If the snow gets too awful, I just call work, tell them I am snowed in and stay home and quilt! :thumbup: Works for us :lol:
Old 06-03-2010, 07:36 PM

And this log home near to where you live or closer to me. Sound like what we have been looking for. not really
Old 06-03-2010, 07:38 PM

If this is indead a picture of the house I would sell my sexy panties for it. Is it big enough to use for retreats.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:49 AM

Oh no! If that was the house and I could afford it, I wouldn't even be hesitating! lol

We are supposed to start a pros and cons list today. It's a busy week since DS is graduating on Friday so we won't be able to get back to see it again soon. I have a feeling it's either going to sell fast or linger on the market.

If I can figure out how to post some pictures here, I will...
Old 06-06-2010, 05:04 AM

I really hope this works out for you! It will be so wonderful for you and your husband to achieve your dream!