dream house dreams

Old 06-06-2010, 05:15 AM

Sounds mixed here.

If this is 'the' house husband has been dreaming about and it has for years remained 'the' house and you have seen the inside, know you like it, can picture yourself living there and YOU CAN AFFORD IT.

What's the issue? If it truly his dream home will you regret letting it go. It's cheaper now than when it went on sale the last time, if the economy continues to 'improve', you can readily foresee increased value.

Good luck on the pros/cons - it's a big decision.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:16 AM

I hope it works out for you. It sounds like my dream home. I hope you get it.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:17 PM

So...we had a heart to heart while I was trimming DH's hair. He must really trust me! Seems the dream has changed for the time being. We are going to enjoy our son's last summer before college, work on decluttering this house and explore the possibilities the empty nest will bring us. We are both good with this decision and I am feeling a sense of relief right now as I write this.
Thanks for your support!
There will be a dream house at some point.
lots2do
Old 06-06-2010, 07:28 PM

Lots2do Just think it might not sell right away. We have had houses for sale around here for over a year.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:47 PM

Lotstodo, Timing is everything and the right time will come for you and your hubby. My H and I have been hemming and hawing for the last 15 years and finally bit the bullet and bought a lot in Calabash, NC. We kept on going back to the same community after being frustrated by not being able to find the right place to buy or build. It's a modular home community-I couldn't find a plan that I liked so I was told to design my own and so I did! I'm going to need some advice on setting up my sewing room. It's not as big as I wanted it but it will have to do. I made sure it has a double window and another on the side. The walk in closet isn't that big but it's fine for my fabric. The door will be coming off. They'll be starting the foundation in about 2 weeks. Anyone from the Carolina's reading this? Anne
Old 06-07-2010, 03:37 AM

Funny you mentioned N.C. That seems to be part of the new dream to find somewhere warmer to retire in someday. And Texas Granny, I'm with you with that thinking. A year from now if it's still on the market, we may feel differently. All I know is for now, I'm content staying here and DH feels the same way.
:)