Dyson vacs

Old 09-27-2022, 12:55 PM

Default Dyson vacs

I am in need of a better vacuum. My current Eureka bag-less vac is at least 5 years old and not doing a very good job anymore. I keep the filters clean, replace them when needed, it just doesn't seem to have enough umph anymore.

I have been looking at the Dyson Animal vac. Does anyone here use a Dyson vac? What are your thoughts about them? How well does the vac work with pets in the house, in regards to the pet hair? Plus all the things they track in on thier paws and fur.
Paying a bit more for a quality vac that I will be able to use for years to come.
Old 09-27-2022, 01:31 PM

Hey Chasing Hawk,
I had a Dyson Animal vac for about 8 years that I was never happy with. It was very heavy and I found that when I wanted to use the extending wand to do stairs, etc. it was too stiff and pulled the upright part right along with it. It also never picked up dog hair all that well on my rugs. Then it quit picking up at all and I tried all the fixes in the manual as well as checking on YouTube and couldn't get it do squat. So I switched to a Shark upright. I don't know if the Dyson I got was a lemon, or if they're just not as good as they're cracked up to be. Anyway, I switched to a Shark upright model Vertex Duo Clean and have been much happier. It's more maneuverable (still heavy) and does a much better job in general and especially on rugs. I've only had it for a little over a year, so can't speak to durability. Anyway, Here's the link to the one I bought in 2021
Shark AZ2002 Vertex DuoClean PowerFins Upright Vacuum with Powered Lift-Away Self-Cleaning Brushroll and HEPA Filter, 1 Quart Dust Cup Capacity, Rose

There's a number of folks on YouTube who do vacuum cleaner reviews and various tests that you might want to check out. There's a ton of new vacs out there.

Rob

Last edited by rryder; 09-27-2022 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-27-2022, 02:08 PM
Power Poster

I read hundreds of review of vacuums on Amazon and bought this one: . I don't think I'd rely on it for full wall to wall carpet but for my hardwood and area rugs it works great and inexpensive.

Wowgo Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 160W Powerful Suction Stick Vacuum with 40min Max Long Runtime Detachable Battery, 4 in 1 Lightweight Quiet Handheld Vacuum Cleaner for Home Hard Floor Carpet Pet Hair

Last edited by Onebyone; 09-27-2022 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-27-2022, 02:15 PM

Thanks Rob, I will look into that one also.

Ms. One. We have carpet all throughout the house, minus the kitchen and bathrooms.

I am looking for a vac that will all but suck the carper off the floor.... LOL
Old 09-27-2022, 06:22 PM

I have been very happy with my Shark. Had a Eureka & thought it was doing a good job. Got the shark on a Black Friday sale & was shocked at how much it pulled out of the carpet. I have picked up another Shark to have 'just in case'.
Old 09-28-2022, 03:11 AM

I have one of the early Dyson Animal vacs. I love that thing! Totally opposite experience as Rob (sorry, Rob, for your experience). It is heavy but it always worked for me. We have switched out our wall to wall carpeting downstairs to vinyl plank flooring and just have area rugs now. We are now also dogless for the first time in over 30 years (miss my pooches). I don't know how the newer Dyson Animal version would be.

Quite a while ago we had a small bagless upright vac for our upstairs. I stupidly thought we'd have less dirt/debris/dog hair upstairs, lol, so got a smaller vac. I also have a love/hate relationship with vacuums. If they don't perform as expected they end up on the front lawn and ultimately trash! One of the best smaller uprights we had was Dirt Devil brand. That thing truly did suck the carpet off the floor! What I didn't like about that particular version was short cord; no attachments. If I could find a larger model Dirt Devil with attachments in a configuration similar to the Dyson Animal I would buy it in a heart beat.

Good luck!
Old 09-28-2022, 04:14 AM

I have 2 Dyson vacs - one upstairs and one downstairs. Dyson is the best vac I have ever had. They are heavy but still easy to use. I use the hose to do the stairs and nooks and crannies. I will say that I have carpet in only one room, the rest is hardwood. I turn off the beater bar for my hardwood floors. I did use a Dyson in my quilt store for 11 years that had carpet. It did a wonderful job picking up threads and walking traffic dirt. That's why I have 2 at home!
Old 09-28-2022, 04:17 AM

I have a Dyson Animal. Purple. I do really like it but pulling out the wand is a PIA. It cleans great and i love dumping the waste out instead of the bag. I also have a 40 year old Eureka that I love and a Simplicity. They both work great. But i have yet to find just one vacuum that makes me happy in all uses…
Old 09-28-2022, 05:16 AM
Power Poster

The very best vacuum I have ever used and still have is a old hand held Hoover. it's heavy but it has fast turning very stiff bristle beater bar and a very long cord. I bought it at an estate sale years ago. . I can't find any vacuum with these stiff brush bars. I has a reusable washable bag . One swipe and every piece of lint and pet hair is gone. I use it for my car and furniture.
Old 09-28-2022, 07:47 AM

Thank you all for the replies so far. Keep them coming I still have about 6 weeks to decide. I plan on getting a vacuum with my B-day money.

Friends sometimes don't understand me.......I like practical gifts, I don't wear jewelry with the exception of my wedding ring. I don't need frilly girly gifts (ducks and runs for cover) like jewels, perfume, flowers, candles etc. I can buy those anytime I want..lol

My husband asks me what I want for my b-day or anniversary and I tell him I like things I can use.tools, appliances or clothes and shoes.