Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
e-mail received this morning >

e-mail received this morning

e-mail received this morning

Old 09-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by pojo
That is probably a spam.

I used to get them all the time but there is a website through the government you can email them too. Which I did and I haven't received them again.

I used to bounce them back to the sender to and block their addresses.

My opion I wouldn't respond to it either I didn't.
do you remember the site? can you point the way for us?

we will love you to pieces.

ok. we'll love you to pieces anyway, but will add a cherry on top. ;-) :lol:
Old 09-08-2010, 11:46 AM

[quote=janRN]Hey you and I must have the same last name, too. I got the same email today. Hmm. Does that mean we have to share??
---------------------------
Oh, fiddlesticks!! Does that mean the sweet guy in Nigeria won't send me that 10 million dollars my second cousin's brother's first wife's step son from her first marriage left to me?

Dag Nabbit!!!

I was already planning on going on a cruise with that dough.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:47 AM

If you had a long lost relative that died leaving you money you would be notified by certified mail that you would have to sign for. Even when my parents died, (5 miles from me and we were really close), all official, legal correspondence was done this way. It was on the attorney's letterhead with a real stamp not some bulk mailing thing. Anything other than that is a SCAM. Delete it immediately and don't send them ANY PERSONAL information!!!

A friend's father passed away and her mother advertized his electic chair to sell it. She was contacted by someone in Canada that sent her a money order from a bank in Texas but asked her to hold it until they could come to Illinois and pick up the chair. Several weeks went by and they called to say that their mother had passed and they no longer needed the chair. They told her to go ahead, cash the money order, keep $500 for her trouble then get a new money order for the remainder of the money and send it back to them(p.o. box). My friend told her mom not to do it. So they took the MO to the bank, told them what had happened, and asked the bank to check it out. Guess what? It was a total scam. The bank notified the authorities but I don't think they ever caught the people. It's like we've been told all our lives: If it sounds too good to be true, it is.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:54 PM

Consider yourself fortunate that this is the first time you received one of these irritating e-mails. I got one last week about some "family" trapped at a nearby hotel and they had all their cash and credentials stolen. I hope it wasn't someone I really knew! LOL!
Old 09-08-2010, 01:10 PM

I worked for an attorney for almost 25 years, and we handled lots of estates. Believe me, attorneys don't search for relatives of a deceased person like this! Everyone else is right - get rid of it!
Old 09-08-2010, 01:49 PM

Any email offering you money is a SCAM.

I notice a lot of us are grandmas - you should also be aware of this scam, esp. if you have college age GK's.
You get a frantic, tearful phone call "Grandma?? I need your help"
You - "Amanda (or insert grandchild's name here) - is that you?"

"yes, I need help - I am in (distant city), I got arrested and need $1000 for bail - please don't tell my parents, they will kill me... Here is my attorney - he will tell you how to send the money."

Then they will have you wire money by Western Union.

Next day when you call your GK you will find they are at college where they should be - the whole thing is a scam.

As a matter of fact any time any one wants you to send money by Western Union, it is a scam. It's like taking cash and throwing it into the wind.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Greetings

I am Chin Seng Attorney at law. A deceased client of mine, that shares
the same last name as yours,who died as the result of a heart-related condition
in March 12th 2009. I have contacted you to assist in distributing the fund left
behind by my client before is been confiscated.
[email protected]

Best Regards
Chin Seng,
This is a scam that was on the news again last night....
Old 09-08-2010, 03:57 PM

That definately is spam something very similar has been going on for several years. I have gotten them and when talking with the authorities in our state was told there isn't anything they can do because these people move so fast and until someone falls for the scam there isn't anything illegal about it. Of course once someone falls for it and gets the check, cashes it and returns the % they requested it is to late and they have moved on. Why oh why! do we have to have people like this around.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:11 PM

YAY!!!! Don't spend it all at just one fabric shop. lol
Old 09-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Power Poster

How in the world do they get our Email addresses.