Eagle-eyed

Old 05-27-2017, 07:14 AM

When I was little my grandfather nick named me Eagle Eye. I was able to spot a deer long before anyone else could and I could read a road direction sign when others could hardly even see that it existed. Now that I have reached my senior years Eagle Eye is not so correct anymore. My husband was in construction since he was a teenager, he can look at a corner, wall, cabinet or whatever and tell me it is off by 1/8 inch from across the room and don't even get me started on how bad the butt joints in ceiling drywall are.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:46 PM

I have a friend who wouldn't bring her quilts to guild because she was afraid people would notice her mistakes. I opened a quilting magazine that i had just looked at, showed her a quilt in it, and asked her to take a good look at it.

She saw what I saw - points not matched. Not off by much, but noticeably not matched. The quilt was still beautiful. She had "aha" moment and brings a quilt in now and then for show and tell.

However, I can only notice stuff like that in a picture, and even then only if I think I might like to make it. It's part of the decision making process. My brain has to figure out how complex a quilt is before making a decision to make one. That has saved me a lot of grief!