Early Sign of Spring

Old 03-07-2022, 03:40 AM
Banned

Default Early Sign of Spring

Yesterday, I suddenly had a huge flock of Red Wing Blackbirds at my feeders in SE Wisconsin. Most of them were immature and it was a feeding frenzy! They must have just flown in. Bird maps show them as being here all year, but I never see them in the winter, so I always consider them an early sign of Spring!
Old 03-07-2022, 04:40 AM

Had a Red Wing at my feeder on Saturday. I am in Michigan and it has been a long while here since I had one fly in. I have been hearing them daily now. My sign of spring is the chipmunks are dashing about chasing one another like little children playing tag at warp speed. I believe they are demonstrating spring "friskiness" and will likely see a additional chippies as the days warm up.
Old 03-07-2022, 04:53 AM

I'm in northern Ind. and I saw a red-wing blackbird the other day, so spring is coming.
Old 03-07-2022, 06:15 AM

buds on the trees. Some bud earlier than others but that is a true sign of spring for me.
Old 03-07-2022, 06:17 AM

My sister's daffodils have been trying to come up but everytime they get to a certain height, we get snow or a freeze so their tops are all brown. We've had 60's weather last week and during the night we got snow with temps in the 20's. Don't think Spring is here just yet. I'm in western Iowa.
Old 03-07-2022, 08:11 AM

Daffodils in bloom, beautiful..and saw a Japanese cherry tree, dressed in pink yesterday..75 degrees. But raining today and
colder for next 10 days…34 for a high one day coming. Middle Tennessee, and we usually get killing frost before daffodils can be enjoyed. We are so tired of winter.
Old 03-07-2022, 09:24 AM

Have not seen any red winged blackbirds yet. Usually around here we have to get past "ice-out" on the lakes before we look for signs of spring. Just had 5" of snow on Saturday, so spring is a ways off.
Old 03-07-2022, 04:02 PM
Power Poster

Saw a flock of geese but not a sign of spring because the last few years they have not flown south for the winter. Even nature is confused.
Old 03-09-2022, 06:37 AM

We have a lot of wildlife around, but the eye opener for Spring this year was that a flock of male turkeys have been coming through daily over the winter. Yesterday, they brought their girl friends. -- just look at them boys just strutting their feathers and all, while the girls were more interested in the bird seed that the regular birds knocked out of the bird feeders.
Old 03-10-2022, 04:17 AM

Buttercups and bluebonnets. Spied some yesterday, which is my early sign of spring!