Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Eden Pure Heaters - anyone use these? >

Eden Pure Heaters - anyone use these?

Eden Pure Heaters - anyone use these?

Old 11-13-2011, 12:48 PM

Default Eden Pure Heaters - anyone use these?

We just got an Eden Pure heater to try to help on our fuel oil bills this winter. Does anyone have one of these? I have heard a lot of good things about them. I just can't believe that it will only cost an extra $30 a month or so on our electric bill. Almost want a cold day so we can see if it will work- notice i said ALMOST! lol!. We have a very small house (under 1000 square feet).From what i understand if it really gets cold out (in the teens) we will need to use the furnace but with fuel being around 3.50 a gallon and we use about 500-600 gallons through the winter gotta look to save somewhere. Plastic will be put around windows soon. Plus in a couple of rooms I made a curtain out of a fleece blanket to cut down on the cold air.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:11 PM

Never heard of it before. Hope you stay warm.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:18 PM

My husband wants to get one but I am against it. The big one, from what I understand, only heats approx. 1000 sq.ft. Our house is a little over 2000 sq.ft so I don't see how it would help us cut our electric heating bill?
Old 11-13-2011, 02:29 PM

depends on where you want to save on your heating bill. We have a lot of people in this area who have purchased one and I have been thinking of getting one to have when we really don't need the big furnace but need some heat.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:32 PM

We have one - well a different brand but same idea. Ours seems to be very efficient. We have one room that does not have a heat duct so it is always cooler that the rest of the house. It is my sewing room, so the heater is in there. We have a heat pump for the rest of the house, so that is efficient to begin with, so I can't tell you how much we save $$ wise. My husband saves his sanity because I no longer gripe/whine/yell/beg him to make my room warn. Since he pays the bills, I don't know much, but I'm sure I've heard him say the bill didn't go up much.

Ours, for those who might want to know, is a Sunheat http://www.sunheat.com/howitworkstab.html
Old 11-13-2011, 02:36 PM

Love mine! I have an 600 sq ft family room that has only 1 vent from heating unit and it gets colder there, but this thing really heats up my family room so cozy! Only had it over an week so im not sure how the energy bill will be yet sinmce we only had a few cold days..
Old 11-13-2011, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by donnalynett View Post
My husband wants to get one but I am against it. The big one, from what I understand, only heats approx. 1000 sq.ft. Our house is a little over 2000 sq.ft so I don't see how it would help us cut our electric heating bill?
My husband works with a man who kinda talked him into it. He has a larger house and has at least two. According to him he has not to turn on his furnace in a couple of years. When we were at the store today someone said a lot of people get two. With our house only being little less than 1000 feet we figured it may be worth it.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:49 PM

our electric bill actually went down..you will love it and it doesn't get HOT to the touch-
Old 11-13-2011, 02:53 PM

Have seen them advertised but don,t know much about them tho.
Will be interested to know from someone who has one.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:15 PM

Well hubby just checked. Our house is 70 degrees and the furnace hasn't kicked on!