Electric Brooms....

Old 12-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Power Poster

We have a big Dyson we got as a last resort when we had the big hairy German Shepherd. Years later it still works great. I've used swiffer vacs for a long time on the hard surfaces, and then Dyson came out with the rechargeable cordless vac with a few attachments. It works on hard surfaces and carpet. It is spendy, but since our other one worked very hard and is in great shape (Hubby uses it when it is his turn to vacuum) I felt like this one would last a long time. It seems very light to me, not all that noisy. The one thing some people may not like besides the price is that you have to keep your finger on the "trigger" to keep it going. This is not an issue for me since I don't have any problems with my hands.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:59 PM

Hello quilters...I live in NH. I would love to sew alone with somenew quilters.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:50 AM

Thanks for all the input! We found a Shark for $50 at Walmart, so am trying it now. They had several Shark in different price ranges & this one was a bit better than the cheapest one. DH liked the look of it, so we got it. I do have a bigger vacuum too, a Dirt Devil, but like using one of these inbetween. I still have an old one, non battery too. that MIL got from the Fuller Brush Co. long ago. Still use it at times too. So they all come in handy. This new one, is two speed & the handle will bend in the middle, to vacuum under tables & such. Not sure how it will work on stairs, but will try it & find out. After back problems, ones like this are much easier on back to use, so it's worth the price for me. We also got the one year Walmart warranty, so we will see how that works, if we need it, & I hope we won't, lol...