Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Elm Creek Novels Fan?

Elm Creek Novels Fan?

Don't give the new plot away, but what did you think? Send me a pm if you want to start a book group conversation. I thought Jennifer C. made some interesting choices! Dotty
    Dotty in NYC

I've got to get her new book. Been anxiously awaiting it. Can't wait. And I see that she is going to have another one out I think in Feb. of next year. It's called "rose something".
    Ginny B

I'm loving it. It just may be my favorite yet. I didn't realize the next one may be out in Feb.--just hope there will be more after that. A pattern book for quilts in "The Wedding Quilt" will be out sometime later this month.

I have read each of the Elm Creek novels and just loved them. The latest one...I could not get into tho. I actually returned it to the libray today. Did you ever start a book and not be able to enjoy it. Then later pick it up again and enjoy it? I hope this happens with this book. As it was too much history for my taste.

eww I don't like the history ones, Ive got all her books except I jumped the lost quilter because of it and have read quilters holiday, was contemplating aloha but isn't the wedding quilt jumping to Sarah's kids grown up ?? in quilters holiday she's still pregnant with twins. better get caught up a bit

Blog Entries

I have read every one of her books and am waiting for my library to notify me that the latest one that I have on hold is in.
    Happy Quilting
    Judy in Lower Michigan

I'm reading it now. Having a wonderful time with it. I love her books.

Quilting is my therapy

I can't wait to read it I love her books

I love all of her books and just purchased the Wedding Quilt last week. I'm saving it as a treat to read while I'm in California visiting DD as I don't get much time to read at home.
    Shannon

I do enjoy her books but sometimes I get a bit tired of all the history and even in 'modern day' books, there is too much explanation about the current characters...sometimes I feel like I am reading a previous book. Kind of wish each book would just be a continuation of the previous. Still...like I said, I do enjoy her books and I will read the latest one after the holidays. Not much time for reading right now.

I have the Union Quilters on my Nook and haven't read it yet however I think this time I'll buy the wedding one. I love her books and I love Marie Bostwick ones too.

Blog Entries
    I am reading it now and really enjoying it - I also am not into the history ones but manage to get through them . I think there is so much back tracking in the books since she wants them to be stand alone - you can pick up anyone of them and be able to follow the story line
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

I have read all the books but the last 2 I think. I couldn't put them down when I started and then had to wait for one to come out and haven't gotten it. I guess I better put that on my Christmas list...along with any more coming out.

I love the history ones. The one about Johanna, the slave who spent time at Elm Creek Manor then was recaptured, and it is the story of her life after that...that was the BEST of all of them.....IMHO. What an eye opener!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersewer View Post
    I love the history ones. The one about Johanna, the slave who spent time at Elm Creek Manor then was recaptured, and it is the story of her life after that...that was the BEST of all of them.....IMHO. What an eye opener!!!!
    Wintersewer, I agree with you about Joanna in The Lost Quilter. I think it is my favorite Elm Creek Quilts novel.

Blog Entries
    I agree with Pam B about too much explanation about the characters past, but for those who don't read them in order (me, included) I guess it may be necessary. I love the books, but sometimes would like to hear about more modern quilts. It seems only one book I've read so far mentioned a sewing machine being used. I get the impression that the Elm Creek Quilters are still drawing templates and cutting fabric with scissors.

Having said that, I still enjoy reading the Elm Creek books.

Blog Entries
    Lol...I have a book shelf dedicated to these books. And I like that she just keeps on writing them!
    Tammy
    Tammy
    http://www.youtube.com/user/tam73501?feature=mhee

I just received my newest book but struggling with the last one. I have had a slight stroke and sometimes I have trouble reading. Love her books though .
    Jo

Blog Entries
    I looove her books!! One of the reasons I started quilting! They made it sound so fun! Need to find the latest. Thought I had them all pre ordered!!

The library called on Friday to let me know the book was in!! It was a really busy weekend so I didn't get to start it until last night. I know it's going to be a busy week leading up to Thanksgiving but I hope to be able to read a little bit each night and then relax on Friday and really get into it. Hope everyone else is enjoying it.
    Ginny B

I've read them all at least once and saw the new one at the book store yesterday. Have added it to my Amazon wish list. I'm hoping it is under the tree for me at Christmas. I read the first page, then had to go back and read it again. Flash-back stories can be confusing

I love her books also. I read the lost quilter first. Then Aloha quilter. Now I just started theQuilters apprentice. This book grabbed me right from the start!

I started collecting Elm Creek books when Borders was going out of business. Now I just completed the list of books from Amazon with the latest Wedding quilt. The Rose is all ready pre-ordered. All these books took up a whole row. But a great collection it is! Merry Christmas to me!!
    Last edited by susie0808; 11-21-2011 at 07:50 PM. Reason: added on
    Love to laugh everyday

Blog Entries
    I have read most of her books up till about a year ago - so need to do some catching up - but loved every one of them.
    JO

Love her books. I love the history angles. Was not aware of the new one, will have to get it. Thanks for the notice, I've been a bit distracted lately like everyone else. Personal loves get pushed into the background.