Embroidery Machines

Old 02-15-2011, 09:22 PM

I have a Janome MC9500 and also a Janome MC 300 E and love them both.
I wondered about spending the money but believe me you wouldn't believe how much you would enjoy an embridery machine.
I make one gift, large or small, after another and everyone loves them,LOL
Old 02-15-2011, 09:23 PM

I would say you got a bargain so enjoy!
Old 02-15-2011, 09:26 PM

i had one and didnt use it i just never got into it
Old 02-15-2011, 09:42 PM
Dee

I have the Futura and the Brother 770. I would never worry about age. I was 67 and got the 770. Love the embvroidery machines. Go for it.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:15 PM

I have a Bernina 830. They are made for us old ladies! How many young whipper snappers can afford a $10,000.00 embroidery machine! It will be a challenge for you! If you have the money and want to embroider....go for it! I have one and it has taken me a few years to get profecient, but with patience and (lots of cussing and a few tears) I am getting better every time I change a thread color!
Good Luck!!!
Old 02-15-2011, 10:21 PM

I have a Janome 11000. It is a wonderful machine for embroidery, sewing and quilting. Easy to use, big enough for quilting large quilts. I love the embroidery and use it often. Be sure if you buy a embroidery machine of any kind that you buy one that can make large designs in one hoop. My other suggestion is that you get someone to take some lessons with. It is so much easier to have someone teach you the basics. There are endless things to embroider and I love doing embroidery and quilting together. I've never been sorry for the investment.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:26 PM

I have a Pfaff Creative Vision 5.5 machine.. expensive, yes it was. Do I enjoy it? oh my, YES. I have lived all my life making do, putting others first, and never even thinking about spending that kind of money on myself. My DH is the one that actually bought this machine for me.. and I've been having the time of my life. If you can afford it, go get one. Who knows if we'll ever be able to do something like this again?? Will I live long enough to really make it worthwhile? Only God knows the answer to that, none of us have even tomorrow guarenteed. If I'm gone tomorrow, my sweet daughter will have a wonderful time with it, so I have no worries or second thoughts.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:40 PM

I would love to get a Bernina 730...have tried the 830 at a workshop...it is too sensitive for me. We have a deco at school...I really don't like it. 8-)
Old 02-15-2011, 11:00 PM

I have a Viking Designer 1. I bought it in 2003 for 7K. It takes a floppy disk. Since new computers do not come with a floppy drive, I bought an external floppy drive to transfer designs to the machine. The Viking software will not recognize the external floppy drive. There is a $500 USB upgrade available for the Embroidery /sewing machine . I use the embroidery machine for quilt labels, and name tags, mostly. Pretty costly huh? I made a couple of baby quilts, and put names on work jackets for co-workers, and monogramed pillow cases for my son when he went to college.
Bernina connects to the computer with a cord. Smart move if you have a lap top computer. Janome uses a smart card like cameras use. Try to find the lowest capacity card. It will take the embroidery machine too long to read a high capicity card. Most new smart cards are high capacity. You will need embroidery software too. Do the research before you make a purchase. If you plan to make a lot of embroidered items, you will enjoy your new expensive hobby. Each design needs stabilizer, and lots of embroidery thread in different colors.
Personally, I'd buy a used machine. Today's top of the line embroidery machine will be selling for half the price in 5 years or less. Send me a PM if you have questions.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:04 PM

I have a Janome E350 and a MB4 love them both but my dad says I need the Bravo...16 head....so I am looking!!!