Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
The end of 'The Good Wife' ???? >

The end of 'The Good Wife' ????

The end of 'The Good Wife' ????

Old 05-11-2016, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by judy363905 View Post
hum... I had to have missed the first slap...my take on the slap was there will not be an "all woman law firm" the end
LOL I think you have a good point there.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:14 AM

It seemed like they were in such a hurry to end the show they really didn't take the the time to write an ending. My take is that as someone else said she became somewhat like Peter that in the end she was stuck with him. Diana Lockhart was never really a friend anyway so this end of their relationship was not a surprise. Maybe in the end everyone got what they deserved!
Old 05-11-2016, 05:29 AM

there seem to be many possibilities for a spin off...who knows...I really liked the show also but it was sort of running out of ideas..I think an all woman law firm would be great without the soap opera entanglements...just the story of each case ...
Old 05-11-2016, 06:55 AM

well there's a new series...all women investigative type group....CATCH, I think is the name......trouble is, they always end up or begin in bed!

I did did not realize there were ego wars going on in the good wife...but that figures. After so many years on tv, top rating most of the time, ego inflation does seem to be the death knoll. And aging, I did notice on the last episode is beginning to show on Alicia......

now, I'm liking Madame Secretary...lets see how that pans out.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:56 AM

I must be in the minority - I loved this show from beginning to end...and will really miss it....of course I still have Game of Thrones for the time being...
Old 05-11-2016, 09:53 AM

I also had lost interest in this show when Archie Punjabi left. It really became a boring, lack of interest show. I did watch the finale & thought it missed the target too. The writers/creators said the series started with a slap so they ended the series with a slap. Boring. Enjoy Madame Secretary more even though it took me some episodes to really get into it.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:11 PM

I loved the Good Wife but hated how it ended. I always looked so forward to Sunday nights.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:39 PM

The season finale left me thinking - what? Is that it? I guess we are expected to write our own ending.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:37 PM

I loved the show and all its wrinkles. I thought the writing was thought provoking and adult centered. I thought the acting was superb. The finale was just okay for me but I have to whine that I received two phone calls during the show! I saw the slap but missed the dialogue! Oh darn! I sort of like the affair with (can't remember his name). She had raised her family, had a long satisfying career, and with stood some shaming, challenging and difficult times. She deserved a little pleasure! Oh well it is just TV!
Old 05-12-2016, 06:23 AM

I thank everyone for their thoughts. I loved this show and doubt I missed even one episode thanks to my wonderful TiVo. I saw a video of their after show wrap party and Julianna Margulies looked stunning. She was wearing a wig and they aged her quite a bit for the show. Now her hair is long and her face is stunning. I think the aging was perfect because she had an incredibly stressful life as The Good Wife. The show was always intended to be completely about her, everyone else was background.