Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Enjoy sewing more when you do this..... >

Enjoy sewing more when you do this.....

Enjoy sewing more when you do this.....

Old 02-06-2012, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Minnisewta View Post
Now I know why I can't stay focused when I am sewing. I'm worried about how I look if someone stops over. Mrs. Cleaver I will never be.
http://pinterest.com/pin/165507355025708914/
Oh I don't think so. When I wake up itching to sew it doesn't matter what I look like. If I stopped to make myself presentable and did the necessary (haha) chores, I might lose the momentum. I don't have to answer the door if I don't want to anyway. Besides, to a quilter, what is more important than putting your sewing first? I can't think of a thing.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:35 AM

OMG, thank goodness we are out of the dark ages!!!! I do agree with having the bed(s) made & perhaps the dishes in the sink, but after that, we're on our own. Usually it's just me & the dogs & they just love us & never criticize.
Screw the neighbours!!!
Old 02-06-2012, 07:04 AM
Power Poster

I get up and get dressed every morning including a little make up. I put on a pair of comfortable slacks and a top, shoes that I wear all day. If I get the urge to go out to lunch or to shop or answer the doorbell, I'm ready. I do it for me though, not for DH. I feel better if I'm ready for the day.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:28 AM

And they say today's women are under a lot of stress!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL That is NOT going to happen at this house!!!!
Old 02-06-2012, 07:44 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

ummm well hmmm.. I guess sewing barefoot in my jammies before breakfast on a Saturday.. hair uncombed .. lets see .. Hmmm ... gotta have coffee first .. I would never make it as a 1949 sewer!~ LOL
Old 02-06-2012, 01:02 PM

Oh my gosh - I love it!
Old 02-06-2012, 02:02 PM

With some nods toward changed clothing styles and make-up trends, I think the advice is more good than silly. I grew up in that kind of home in a working neighborhood. I've been a stay-at-home mother and a working mother and an unemployed mother and sure didn't keep up with that idealized picture. (I don't think anyone ever did, but my mother came close if you lose the high heels. She painted and hung wallpaper and sewed clothing and pulled crabgrass from between the bricks and swept the sidewalks all the way around the house and hung heavy work clothes outside year-round. We rarely ate out as a family but it was a treat, when we females were shopping, to have luncheon in a department store 'tea room' or a drugstore counter. You can bet we were 'dressed' to go out. )
Old 02-07-2012, 07:15 AM
Power Poster

I make my bed every morning, want my quilt to look good. My Husband cooks breakfast and does the dishes, washes, dries and puts away. Sometimes on the weekend I get dressed right away, sometimes not. I have very short hair and it usually looks good, Maybe sticks out in the back. Looks good from the front, mostly all I can see. I'm ready to sew and do as good a job as any other time. I was 4 years old when that came out, so I missed it.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by star619 View Post
I guess it's a good thing we don't have to skype to interact on the Board!
In that case I would have put up a little cubicle because I would not want anyone to see the room where I keep my computer.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:07 PM

ROTFLOL-give me a break. I sure hope our society has come a long ways from the idea you must be dressed prettily and dust your fingers periodically in order to sew. Brainwashing is a bad thing........

Kat