Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Ever have a day that goes WRONG from the start? >

Ever have a day that goes WRONG from the start?

Ever have a day that goes WRONG from the start?

Old 03-12-2011, 05:12 AM

My days were on Wed. and Friday of this week. I had contacted a member of this board who is learning to LAQ, and I made plans to meet her on Wed. about 10 am. I woke up during the night with a sinus headache, so I wrote her an email saying that I might make it on Thursday instead.

When my DH found out I really still wanted to meet her, he offered to take me to her house on Wed. So I gathered up the quilt top, backing, and batting, and off we went. She was wonderful to meet, and is a very warm person. I just loved meeting her.

Now, I'm on a committee at our church that feeds families of church members who have just died. While we were there, I got a cell phone call from the chairwoman of our committee, and since we had played phone-tag all day, I apologized to the QB member, and took the call. I realize how rude this was and I've apologized again, but I still feel bad about it.

Now for the BEST (worst!) part of the story....Yesterday she called and said that I didn't take enough batting. She had some she could use, and I said ok, that's great. Then she called back and said that I didn't take enough backing either! She just happened to have enough she could use, and I didn't want to drive 35 miles each way to take just white fabric for the backing, and more batting. She's an angel, and she has to have the patience of a saint! I just can't wait to see what she does to my quilt......I'm like a kid at Christmas, and can hardly wait! :mrgreen:

This is my 3rd full size quilt, and the 1st one to be quilted by somebody else. I saw some of her quilting on one of her quilts, and she's doing a fantastic job!

I won't mention her name, but if she wants to let you know who she is, I wouldn't mind. I hope she doesn't mind that I posted this, but I just wanted to let everyone know that she is a wonderful person to work with! And next time, I promise, I'll triple check everything!

Deb
Old 03-12-2011, 05:24 AM

Sorry you had a rough few days. This quilting board is full of wonderful people. Thanks for sharing your story, I'm sure she will be pleased that you think so highly of her.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:43 AM

The Flogging Molly's has a song "It's been the worst day since yesterday" LOL
Old 03-12-2011, 11:16 AM

I hope that you have a better week this week. :)
Old 03-12-2011, 11:31 AM

Thank you for the encouragment. I just feel so bad for all I put her thru.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Power Poster

Hope your weekend is better!
Old 03-15-2011, 04:04 PM

I just read this today Deb and you didn't put me through anything at all.... I enjoyed meeting you too. I've been busy working on your quilt. Here are some pics... I'm not finished yet, still have the side borders to do. I took pics for your while turning the quilt. It was fun to quilt.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-170317.jpe   attachment-170318.jpe  
Old 03-15-2011, 04:19 PM

Oh, lovely quilt and beautiful quilting too. Nice job, both of you. Looks spring-like and happy.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:10 PM

great to find someone like that isn't it? especially when you're having such a tough day. I call them "angels"
Old 03-15-2011, 05:11 PM

great to find someone like that isn't it? especially when you're having such a tough day. I call them "angels"