Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Ever have an episode of Deja Vu? >

Ever have an episode of Deja Vu?

Ever have an episode of Deja Vu?

Old 01-15-2011, 03:01 AM

we used to live in the country when I was young and during the summer months we could hear footsteps walking down the hallway but no one would be there always left me huddling under the blankets not deja vu but spooky
Old 01-15-2011, 08:57 AM
Power Poster

I had one time Deja Vu happen while visiting my friend when a teenager. started up her walk way and time slowed down, i saw her open the door and her brother run around the house toward us saying something, then time went normal again and she opened the door and her brother ran around the house! I must have had a weird look on my face but she didn't ask!! weird. it's happened a few times.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:20 PM

Yes I have. Also I have had a couple of episodes of being some place and felt very unwanted (uncomfortable) and I had to get out. The hairs on the back of my head felt like they were standing up! When that happens I leave asap. THis happened in Knotts Berry Farm in Cal, I told my DH that I did not like that place we had to leave and we did. When we got home I told my MIL about it and she said the same thing happened to her - she left too.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:13 PM

[quote=Up North]Yes I have! and when my son was about three he talked about a war and crawling on his belly under picky fences! I often wonder if he was reincarnated from Civil war times
----------------------------------------
No, not the Civil war, barbed wire was not made then, I think it was patented after that horrid war was over. Most likely WW1.
There was a lot of trench fighting then. Makes my skin crawl, I've had others tell me more or less that same thing when I brought up this subject with friends. And one of my daughters when quite small talked cheerfully about boats with big sails coming in towards land with big men who had long hair and beards, she was born in New Mexico and raised in the central valley of CA.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:33 PM

Yes I have many times. I also went to Little Rock ARK. when I was 10 yrs old and I had never been there in my life, but I like you told my parents where to locate things , but I took it one step further as I also told them of a past life of me being a Doctor there before it was a big town and where I lived and about my retirement party they gave me the last day I worked.
I remembered quite allot of my life then as a Man Doctor.
I also remembered another life time as a Mother with two children right here in the town I live in now, I remember the school they went to , checking them in there first day there and where I parked my car each day to pick them up from school
and the fact I read a book each day while I waited on them.
I remember a couple of places we lived here in town and the kind of car I drove, and yes the school is still here and the same parking lot and the very same tree that I always parked under
each day, I also remember how I died in that time, I just wish I could remember my name then.. :-(
My parents learned when I was really small like five years of age and up that if I warned them of something that I new would happen they took heed of what I said, as I have had
a life time of knowing things ..Weird yes, but I have learned to live with it .
Old 01-16-2011, 08:41 PM

My best friend has a sixth sense . She will often dream about things and then find out in the morning that it happened at the same time she was thinking about it.
Ie. Her dad took ill and went to emerg - she woke up knowing something was wrong with him
My car was stolen - she dreamt that something was wrong with my car and called me in the am - not knowing it had been stolen at about 2'30 am.
The funny thing is, she is a twin. But she doesn't have any of that "twin' thing. I think it's because her twin is male.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:47 PM

all of this is very interesting but not sure it was a good idea to read just before bed!
Old 01-16-2011, 09:35 PM

Have you read the book "Soul Survivor" about the little boy who was a reincarnation of a WWII pilot? Saw him on TV and read the book so interesting!
Old 06-08-2011, 08:00 PM

But I have also had a close encounter, and I have also been visited on several occasion by an occupant in a old farmhouse that I once lived in.[/quote]
------------------------------------
I, for one, would love to hear more about your close encounter. Most folks who have seen them are first drilled on details, then the interviewers sadly tell the newspapers that you were mistaken, you saw a weather balloon.
I did see one many years ago, right above the secretive military base, Sandia. My then husband and I were picnicking in the Mts above Albuquerque, and suddenly a large, triangular craft rose from that base and just hung there, then after a while it suddenly started towards us. Hubby motioned it away, instead of running!! He told me that if I told anyone at all about that he would be court marshaled and stuck away so deep they would have to pump in daylight. He's dead now and so is my second DH. When drunk later he said that he went to work at the AF base right beside Sandia, signed in and then went across to Sandia and had to shower in a room with windows, then go to another room and get into a coverall and reverse this at night.
Would never say what he did but he and his father were geniuses with anything that was mechanical.
This was in the spring of 1958, just a little bit over 10 years since the Roswell space ship crash.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by DebraK
Some days I can't tell if I said it, lived it, dreamt it, or saw it on TV ;-)

Deja vu has been a common experience for me since a very young age.
Me too....