Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 173

Thread: Ever Worry about Posting?

  1. #1
    Super Member SuziC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    3,709
    Have you are been concerned about doing posting are putting pics up on here? I know that lately there has been a lot of talk about "tracking" and GPS on electronic devices. I understand that there are people out there that stalk and search the internet for awful reasons, but i have never been concerned about this site as far as pics and other info given. Does this concern any of you?

  2. #2
    Super Member Murphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,899
    Blog Entries
    1
    No.

  3. #3
    Super Member Scissor Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwest Kansas
    Posts
    4,829
    No, but I'm not a paranoid person. Plus if somebody really wants to find you, they're going to find you.

  4. #4
    Super Member Vicki W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,064
    No, I don't worry about things out of my control.

  5. #5
    Super Member Dina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,263
    No, I don't worry about it.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,960
    Blog Entries
    2
    Everything you post on here can then be found on the internet. Just google it. This is a public site.

    I have found several of my posts just by googling key words of my post title. Then again some things I google to see if I can find them from this site and can't find them at all.

    If you are concerned about what you post, be careful.

  7. #7
    Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Limbo
    Posts
    2,029
    Nope, I tried that trick they showed on that link and have yet to find what they were talking about, even tried it on facebook. Just don't take pictures with your cell phone and post them directly to the sites. And I agree if someone wants to find you, they will find you. Get a big dog and a gun. I had one guy once come to my door, my German Shepherd dog was out back, but was coming in just as I opened the door, this guy stuck his foot inthe door jam, my dog comes up beside me, I grab his collar. this guy looks at my dog (who is huge!) and says "I am sorry I think I have the wrong place" I said I think you do, and called the cops right after I shut the door.

  8. #8
    Super Member Lori S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,384
    I don't post anything that is of interest to anyone other than quilters.

  9. #9
    Super Member Lv2sew2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perry, Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,432
    Blog Entries
    21
    Nope, been on the internet since 95 and never had any problems and if people want to get to you, I don't know how you would stop any how, so why worry about it....

  10. #10
    Super Member Lv2sew2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perry, Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,432
    Blog Entries
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
    Nope, I tried that trick they showed on that link and have yet to find what they were talking about, even tried it on facebook. Just don't take pictures with your cell phone and post them directly to the sites. And I agree if someone wants to find you, they will find you. Get a big dog and a gun. I had one guy once come to my door, my German Shepherd dog was out back, but was coming in just as I opened the door, this guy stuck his foot inthe door jam, my dog comes up beside me, I grab his collar. this guy looks at my dog (who is huge!) and says "I am sorry I think I have the wrong place" I said I think you do, and called the cops right after I shut the door.
    I have a big dog, and serveral guns since my hubby is a hunter, I have also taken a course how to use Clock 44, enter if you dare, but beware! LOL

  11. #11
    Super Member SuziC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    3,709
    Quote Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
    Nope, I tried that trick they showed on that link and have yet to find what they were talking about, even tried it on facebook. Just don't take pictures with your cell phone and post them directly to the sites. And I agree if someone wants to find you, they will find you. Get a big dog and a gun. I had one guy once come to my door, my German Shepherd dog was out back, but was coming in just as I opened the door, this guy stuck his foot inthe door jam, my dog comes up beside me, I grab his collar. this guy looks at my dog (who is huge!) and says "I am sorry I think I have the wrong place" I said I think you do, and called the cops right after I shut the door.
    That's me...only i have 3 BIG dogs and my DH has guns so i never worry about home safety. I feel quite safe posing here. This is more like family to me than the "web"

  12. #12
    Super Member BluegrassGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,520
    Blog Entries
    1
    No worries with me....The digital camera I use does not have GPS capability ...and... I do not publicize my daily activities/routines as some folks are prone to do.

    Please be aware......If pics are taken with a device (aka phone) that is equipped with GPS, the exact location of where the pic was taken can be itentified.

  13. #13
    Super Member Lv2sew2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perry, Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,432
    Blog Entries
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassGurl
    No worries with me....The digital camera I use does not have GPS capability ...and... I do not publicize my daily activities/routines as some folks are prone to do.

    Please be aware......If pics are taken with a device (aka phone) that is equipped with GPS, the exact location of where the pic was taken can be itentified.
    There is a site, can't remember the name that posted your public info, so curiosity got the best of me, I went to the site and posted my name and waaalaaa there I was, map to my house and all my address info, included my phone number, even had a picture of my driveway and I was like how in the heck or when did they do this......

    with utility companys gives out your info...

    I wish I knew who took that picture of my home, jeep and driveway to my house, cause I thinking lawsuit...

    Thanks to phone companys, and electric company's, ect.

  14. #14
    Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Limbo
    Posts
    2,029
    That is kind of creepy Lv2sew2011, a photograph of your driveway and vehicle. I am definitely thinking lawsuit too! I wonder if you can go after the website?

  15. #15
    Super Member Quiltforme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Beautiful Washington state!
    Posts
    3,339
    No but just like the internet you can search for your information and this site will come up. I have posted about different things and when I search on ask.com it comes up with my post. So you can be seen even with your pictures.

  16. #16
    Junior Member Lena1952's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    228
    I agree with everyone here - No worries. They will find me if they want but they'd better have a bigger gun or run faster! My dog, big though she may be, is a sissy and would only lick them to death. It is my little dog they need to watch. When it comes to protecting me, he is a tiger.

  17. #17
    Super Member KathyAire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    3,415
    [quote=Lv2sew2011.
    I have a big dog, and serveral guns since my hubby is a hunter, I have also taken a course how to use Clock 44, enter if you dare, but beware! LOL[/quote]
    Excuse me, I have to ask two questions. Is the big dog you are talking about the one in your avatar? :)
    Do you mean a Glock 44? :)

  18. #18
    Super Member Lv2sew2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perry, Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,432
    Blog Entries
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Lena1952
    I agree with everyone here - No worries. They will find me if they want but they'd better have a bigger gun or run faster! My dog, big though she may be, is a sissy and would only lick them to death. It is my little dog they need to watch. When it comes to protecting me, he is a tiger.
    LOL my Rott is a sissy to he hides when someone comes to the door after he lets them know he here...ROFLMBO

  19. #19
    Super Member Veronica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    West Goshen Township, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,466
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassGurl
    No worries with me....The digital camera I use does not have GPS capability ...and... I do not publicize my daily activities/routines as some folks are prone to do.

    Please be aware......If pics are taken with a device (aka phone) that is equipped with GPS, the exact location of where the pic was taken can be itentified.
    There is a site, can't remember the name that posted your public info, so curiosity got the best of me, I went to the site and posted my name and waaalaaa there I was, map to my house and all my address info, included my phone number, even had a picture of my driveway and I was like how in the heck or when did they do this......

    with utility companys gives out your info...

    I wish I knew who took that picture of my home, jeep and driveway to my house, cause I thinking lawsuit...

    Thanks to phone companys, and electric company's, ect.
    YKES! :-(

  20. #20
    Super Member Lv2sew2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perry, Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,432
    Blog Entries
    21
    [quote=KathyAire]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011.
    I have a big dog, and serveral guns since my hubby is a hunter, I have also taken a course how to use Clock 44, enter if you dare, but beware! LOL[/quote
    Excuse me, I have to ask two questions. Is the big dog you are talking about the one in your avatar? :)
    Do you mean a Glock 44? :)
    Yeah...LOL

  21. #21
    Super Member bibliostone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    1,227
    Blog Entries
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
    That is kind of creepy Lv2sew2011, a photograph of your driveway and vehicle. I am definitely thinking lawsuit too! I wonder if you can go after the website?
    I doubt it was a utility company. More likely it was your county auditor. In my county, it also includes how much you paid for your house.

    And let's not forget Google Earth, street view!

  22. #22
    Super Member KathyAire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    3,415
    Quote Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
    That is kind of creepy Lv2sew2011, a photograph of your driveway and vehicle. I am definitely thinking lawsuit too! I wonder if you can go after the website?
    I think that site is 'google earth'. Put any address in there and a picture pops up.

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    946
    I know of one site that puts your name age occ. even pic of your front door I think! It should be against the law.

  24. #24
    Super Member Charming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    1,941
    Don't really after i saw a documentary about google and how they know and store every search and page we visit on google in their servers :thumbdown: I guess bad people and bad things can find us with or wihtout QB.
    I have lots of fun browsing this site, and it is my hang out place (OMG i need to get a life...lol), so don't really care.

  25. #25
    Super Member LivelyLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Western MA
    Posts
    2,710
    Quote Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
    Nope, I tried that trick they showed on that link and have yet to find what they were talking about, even tried it on facebook. Just don't take pictures with your cell phone and post them directly to the sites. And I agree if someone wants to find you, they will find you. Get a big dog and a gun. I had one guy once come to my door, my German Shepherd dog was out back, but was coming in just as I opened the door, this guy stuck his foot inthe door jam, my dog comes up beside me, I grab his collar. this guy looks at my dog (who is huge!) and says "I am sorry I think I have the wrong place" I said I think you do, and called the cops right after I shut the door.
    Love my German Shepherd dogs too :-D ......and guns too!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.