Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Every wonder why plasticware won't get dry in dishwasher?

Blog Entries
    I am at a loss as to why the plastic can't be hand dried? Are you saying you just toss perfectly good items in the trash to end up in a land fill, just for convenience? This makes me cry.

There was a time that there was no plastic and everything was reused over and over until it wore out. The option of not using plastic might work. It would solve a multitude of environmental problems and make you feel good about doing something positive for the world.
    peace

EDIT: Cudos to all those people out there that understand conserving and try to do their best to limit waste.
    peace
    Last edited by ube quilting; 12-15-2015 at 04:54 PM.
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Quote Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
    I am at a loss as to why the plastic can't be hand dried? Are you saying you just toss perfectly good items in the trash to end up in a land fill, just for convenience? This makes me cry.

There was a time that there was no plastic and everything was reused over and over until it wore out. The option of not using plastic might work. It would solve a multitude of environmental problems and make you feel good about doing something positive for the world.
    peace

EDIT: Cudos to all those people out there that understand conserving and try to do their best to limit waste.
    peace
    Kudos from me, too. I'm a fanatic when it comes to reducing, reusing and recycling. And proud of it.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

Good for you!! The world is a much better place because of people like you.

Ladies, don't be silly...wash your plastic however you like. The article ONLY gave the reason why it does not dry as well as china/metal in a dishwasher. It said nothing about not putting it in there.

Quote Originally Posted by maviskw View Post
    Kudos from me, too. I'm a fanatic when it comes to reducing, reusing and recycling. And proud of it.

Blog Entries
    I usually have a full load every day unless we eat out. So I often skip running it on those days. I just dry the plastics by hand or put them away wet. I hand wash almost nothing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2