Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook?

Question Facebook?

Does anyone here use Facebook? If so, what do you use it for? I hear about it all the time but don't quite understand it all?
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

No I do not do facebook.

Blog Entries
    I use it, you can keep in touch with family and friends, see photos that they posted, play game with them, check out different companies that have a Facebook page, meet different people from around the world's. Oh wait that sounds like us here on then. Lol

Blog Entries
    I use it to keep in touch with my family and friends, especially my friends from high school since I graduated almost 35 years ago.
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

I only use it to go to my kids pages so I can see recent pictures of our grandkids.
    DonnaR
    Grammy to Isaiah and Ruth

I don't like face book. I don't want every one to know everything. I use my cell phone or my e-mail. What else do you need.
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

I got an FB page when my kids went to college because they were in different states. It was a way of keeping in touch. Now that they have graduated and are home again it is more of a time suck than anything else. If you don't have a specific reason for having a page I would skip it.

same as above. I also post projects as I finish them so my friends and relatives can ooo and ahhh. I see pictures that my grandson's other grandmother posts - she's a professional photographer so some are just awesome. I have reconnected with church and school friends from years ago. Love it!
    So many quilts, so little time.

Facebook brought my old classmates from high school together. I use it for staying in touch with them and my music freinds. Its great to stay united with people you want to bond with.

Blog Entries
    I use facebook so I can see pictures of my grandkids. Through facebook, I am able to see photos of their competitions in sports and gymnastics. How I wish I live closer to them.

I use facebook to post pictures of my quilts and to keep contact with some of my friends who live overseas. I don't share much private information, mostly quilt related things.

I have FB and like it very much. As for it being a "time suck" - only as much as you let it be! It's a great way to stay current with friends and family, especially those you don't live close to. Share pics, news, jokes. Get notifications from companies like Janome, Aurifil, some with frequent give-aways. Lots of neat stuff.

I reconnected with my DH on FB. We went to jr hi and high school together, but lost touch after graduating. been married for about 1 /12 yrs now. It also keeps me connected with my sibs and nieces and nephews.

I use it to see what is happening with friends and family, but I rarely post anything myself and have the strictest privacy settings. I do not do "Apps" or games and have it linked to a rarely used email address, not my main one.
    I do have a separate FB page for my quilts.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pine-...44271795658198

I use FB to stay in touch with relatives and friends we aren't able to see. We all post pictures and some info. I limit who has access to my FB page. I have even touched base with the "grown up" neighbor kids. Love seeing their children, etc. We have relatives who are missionaries in Brazil and we get to see so many interesting things. Try it and see how you like it.

Blog Entries
    I read my Facebook to see friends and family from afar, but what I also use it for is quilting. There are so many blogs and sites out there that if you "like" them, they send interesting info to your page. I even have my favorite quilting stores on Facebook. It is really more than a friend connection now. I even "like" favorite restaurants and learn of specials. I do keep my securities tight and have it set so only friends can read my info. I am surprised at how many people who are not listed as friends leave their page open for everyone to read.
    Murphy1
    For our wonderful Golden Retriever adopted in March of 2010.

It took my family a year or so to get me to join. I have it set for friends and family only. I love it. I have reconnected with friends and family I haven't seen in years.
    http://www.skillpages.com/DonnaValleyquiltermo
    Sweet Dreams come from under Cozy Quilts made with love.
    Life is short, take time to enjoy it. Play with your kids and g-kids,
    and do what you can for others.

Blog Entries
    I am a creeper on Facebook. I very seldom talk to anyone unless they talk to me and I don't post pictures either. I joined because I have a son in Milwaukee and I was keeping up with his shennaigans. I do enjoy looking at my friends pictures and the things that are going on in their lives.
    As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

I do. It took me awhile to catch on. It's the only way I see my grand daughter in Texas, and keep up with my family, who are all over the place, and I've had 4 friends from high school find me. It's fun and entertaining.
    The one who dies with the most fabric wins.

Blog Entries
    I am on Facebook, and check it almost every day, just as I do this Board! I can see our kids pics on there, and keep in contact with a few friends. I also use it to post pics of my little quilts so my friends can see what I'm doing, and I remind them that some of my stuff is for sale on the AAQI site! Sometimes, I 'share' a good news article I've found. It's just another way of communicating and learning about what's going on in the world. I also created a special email address just for Facebook, to try to avoid some of the spam that circulates.

Feel free to send me a PM if you'd like to be Facebook friends!

It never occurred to me that Aurifil would be on Facebook, but of course they would be! I must go and find them. Would love to get some free thread!
    Reading, cooking, sewing in retirement! Heaven!
    I'm proud to say that I'm a member of the Quilt A Month Club for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative! www.alzquilts.org
    I have a blog on QB now -- please drop in!

No FB for us. DH is in law enforcement and it has been a detriment to some others with whom he has worked or known. DD does FB and sends me anything info she thinks I need to know that I would not get from email, text or phone. She says she "wastes" more time on FB than anything else and I believe her.
    Wendy in VA

If I had a dollar for every time I got distracted I wish I had some ice cream.

I use FB to chat with my grandkids that live nearly 500 miles away I share no personal info and have it set on private.

Banned
    I have a FB page, but rarely post anything there. I thought it would be a good way to keep in touch with my sisters (4 sisters in three different states), but we are far more likely to get together on Pogo and then Skype each other. Much more fun and we can actually talk to one another. One of these days I'll probably delete my FB account, but for now it sits there virtually unused.

Blog Entries
    I love being on a quilt forum with many people who like some of the same things, but in Facebook you try to chat with so many people who pretty much ignore what you say unless they are interested. and most times they are not. i will stick to forums or emails myself thanks so very much.

Love facebook! Such a great way to keep in touch with family, friends and co-workers! You only share what you want and you can control who you share it with!
    Carol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast