FaceBook

Old 03-02-2010, 07:38 AM

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

I do, too.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:40 AM

I was forced into getting a Facebook profile by a number of friends. The only time I even look at it is when a new freind request comes in. I never update it. After working on computers all day, I just don't have the desire to sit in front of one all night.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:42 AM

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

Originally Posted by mosquitosewgirl
I do, too.
However, I've been having so much fun participating here that I haven't been on FB for a few weeks....It is a great way to keep up with my friends from high school that I don't get to see very often. I joined about two months before our 30th class reunion and got reaquainted ahead of time, which made the time at the reunion much more fun.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:47 AM

You know... I thought I'd drag myself into the Social Networking age and started a Facebook acct. I didn't put much energy into it, found a friend from grade school w/i the first week, she kept sending me these, ( I don't mean to offend anyone...) stupid surveys, and farm-y things.....decided it wasn't for me as soon as a co-worker posted for every one to see that she hoped I had a great time while I was out of town for my birthday in Yellowstone; even though I didn't have my address listed, it made me uncomfortable that everyone in the world ( that I didn't know..)knew what I was doing, and I didn't tell them.... I guess I'll have to scrap my dreams of being famous, if that little bit of info on me made me uncomfortable...
Old 03-02-2010, 07:53 AM

I hate those surveys and apps too. I usually hide them so I don't have to see them, but there's always some new one making the rounds. I get on occasionally to post some news to update my relatives and friends on the latest big events. I also don't use twitter. I've only got so many hours in the day and I'd rather spend my extra time sewing/quilting. This site is a much better forum in my opinion.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:11 AM

Use to, but got hacked so bad through my facebook account. Thank goodness, I had not put much personal info on my account. But scarred my family and friends to death. The problem was they did not have a phone number to call to get my account shut down, and could not get back into my facebook account to change the password or send email to facebook, everything was directed to the hackers. It was nerve racking getting things totally shut down. Finally found someones Facebook personal office phone, by continuous search online and left a message on their voicemail, that I was going to the media, It got shut down in minutes after that. They keep encouraging me to sign back up, but I am really leary. I would love to because so many of my friends and family post their photos there. I also am a computer geek and have every spyware, virus scan, didn't help. In fact one of the first people to get hit with this was a Microsoft Executive. He has written an article about it, but cannot find it. It is one of the online computer magazines.

Just be really careful, don't put a lot of personal info on their, like family member names, childrens names, etc. I was lucky in the fact all they had was my photo and my first initial and my last name.

Here is an article if you would like to read it. The article came out in May 2009 and I still got hacked in August. So facebook knew about it and had not taken any measures to correct it.

http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1895740,00.html
Old 03-02-2010, 08:17 AM
Power Poster

I got out of facebook mainly because the Farmville request drove me crazy. but i also had to chastise my DIL and get her to remove my oldest granddtr's school name and her age, etc.
way too much personal info in there!!!
Old 03-02-2010, 08:20 AM

Not only do I use facebook, but I am completely addicted to it!
Old 03-02-2010, 08:21 AM

I enjoy Facebook....I am hooked on the games more than networking tho.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:34 AM

I am on Facebook. I get to keep up with family & friends. Love being able to see photos of new babies in our family and with our friends. Don't do the games, they are a waste of time. Would rather quilt instead.

Blessings to all,
Deara