Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Facebook????

No Facebook, no My Space, and no Twitter! This board is where my interests lie!

I have FB.......But I use the "Friends Only" and then I am VERY selective in whom I will "friend". I make comments occassionally and I don't use my married or maiden name. To me, that is just being safer. Never comment on when we are going to be gone, and what little extra's we might have in our house. AND I never let on when my husband is on the road and I am home alone. You just never know. I have had my identity stolen 2x's about 6 years ago (before FB), so I am just alittle extra cautious.

But I do enjoy it. Get to keep track of my grandbabies and how they grow when you are not looking.

My son set me up on a Facebook account but to tell you the truth, I just don't remember to look at it. I really don't want to be "found" by people I lost touch with. If I did, I wouldn't have lost touch with them in the first place!! Every once in a while I go see what my kids and grandkids are up to but other than that I might as well not be on Facebook

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    To be honest I used to love Facebook but I stumbled on this site and now all my friends must think I fell off the face of the earth! lol
    It's really a nice way to keep in touch though.

I'm addicted to the games on Facebook....
    stay in touch with alot of ppl I had lost touch with, childhood friends and such....
    just have to use some common sense and keep tabs on those privacy settings....

I had Facebook for a while, but it didn't make any sense to me, since most of the people I know don't have it either. I cancelled it and must say don't miss it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shari1967
    Well, I'm addicted!
    I have a 20, 18 and 16 year old.....so if I'm gonna be part of their lives I had to get FB. lol They don't even email anymore. Messaging them privately is the way to reach them. (that and texting which I know do as well...even upgraded my phone so it'd be easier on me LOL)
    Us old folk have FB for exactly that reason - to find out info about our kids and family. :roll: From SIL found out her son was married on FB. As I've started using it, I've started finding friends from high school and am having a blast catching up. But I had some fabulous, talented and fun friends, including doctors, lawyers, vet, ship captain, inventor, professor, rocket scientist. But really, it's how to keep up with the younger generation. For some unknown reason, they choose to share their business with the world. ;)

That's one trouble with Facebook - if you decide to "cancel" it, it retains your full accounts of any information you had posted. IOW, your information is not deleted from all servers.

Blog Entries
    I love Facebook. I can get pictures from my DIL and DGDIL of my grandbabies. I have reconnected with family members I never see anymore. I love being able to talk to a childhood friend who is in the Phillipines as a missionary and I haven't see in 40 years!! I enjoy being apart of a group of friends that I can talk to anytime I want to. Some are family and some are quilting friends or school friends. It is a good thing in my life. I am my DHs care giver 24/7 so it is a way to keep in touch. We don't leave home much.

Note to teens and young people. Many employers are now doing a Facebook background check - which gives them information about your friends, activities, interests, where you've lived, and your political views (should you have one) etc. I've also heard of mortgage lenders doing the same thing. Just saying - beware what you say and what you do.

I love Facebook! Earlier tonight we were having a real windy rainy storm and a neighbor's trash can blew over into my yard. I said something about it on Facebook and he was outside picking it up within a few minutes. I didn't have to call him or email him... he just knew LOL

Don't have one - don't want one. I prefer personal contact if I want someone to know something about me.

BMP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Texasjunebug
    Note to teens and young people. Many employers are now doing a Facebook background check - which gives them information about your friends, activities, interests, where you've lived, and your political views (should you have one) etc. I've also heard of mortgage lenders doing the same thing. Just saying - beware what you say and what you do.
    I was told this can only be done IF your settings are not set up to private, I have one but dont post often and when I do its nothing that could come back and bite my behind....
    I have found alot of old school mates that I have often wondered about.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I must be really out of the loop. I thought something like this would be illegal. Guess not..............

I have a fb account- to keep up with my kids mainly. I post often- if I don't I get messages from my "followers"- my friends who read my posts because I do my best to put something positive there. I use it as a motivator for others.

I have my settings set to friends only and friend only people I know.

Just remember- whatever is on the internet doesn't die and is public domain. So be careful!

Don't have one....Don't want one

don't have one my DS says don't he does not want to setit up for me so people can't get in to my computer

I don't have one, I have a hard time just keeping up with this board, emails etc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by erstan947
    I am on facebook. I rarely write, I just read. It is the only way to keep up with extended family. They stopped e-mailing and started Facebook. I only excess thru my computer not phone.
    That is my exact reason. Don't post much, just check on family and friends I care about. Kind of interesting how much time some of them (that don't have time) spend on those stupid games. They could be on HERE! :) :D

Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    I must be really out of the loop. I thought something like this would be illegal. Guess not..............
    My son works at a local fast food place and an employee got fired due to something he posted on his Facebook status. He came home from work one night and "vented" about his day - seems he forgot that everyone he worked with including the managers and his boss were his Facebook friends.

I have some adult friends who have their bosses on their FB as their friends....gotta say I think I'd draw the line at that - I'd not have my boss as a FB friend. But that's just me.

BMP
    Blog Entries
    I would never have people I worked with as friends, gosh your with them all day I dont want to be with them when I am home !!

Quote Originally Posted by Shari1967
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    My son works at a local fast food place and an employee got fired due to something he posted on his Facebook status. He came home from work one night and "vented" about his day - seems he forgot that everyone he worked with including the managers and his boss were his Facebook friends.

I have some adult friends who have their bosses on their FB as their friends....gotta say I think I'd draw the line at that - I'd not have my boss as a FB friend. But that's just me.
    I told my daughter it would be like emailing one friend on my yahoo account and everyone on my contact list gets to see what I write. Went to my neighbors house today and she asked if I had FB. Again, the shock that I don't and then trying to convince me to get one. This is the story of my life. LOL

Blog Entries
    I have it, but I'm rarely on there. None of my friends quilt, so I am really addicted to this site.

I have had an account but just can't get into all the crap that's there so I closed it. All the goofy games & people telling the goofiest things to anyone who reads it.

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't, but DH does. He needed it when he was looking for a job. He's also on several other networky type of things, but nothing as great as this place!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast