Facebook vs Quilting Board

Old 02-10-2011, 10:09 AM

Love my FB buddies, but there is nothing more relaxing than sitting an hour or so checking on everyone's progress, or lack of progress! QB wins, hands down.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:22 AM

between quilting and spending long hours here i dont think i would have time to be on facebook!, everything i need is right here on this site
Old 02-10-2011, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by BluegrassGurl
I don't know about you.... but I USED to be an avid user of Facebook..... that was BEFORE I found this Quilting Board. Now, when I boot up my laptop... my first stop (and many times my only stop) is here at the QB.

I love the support, friendship, encouragement, inspiration and the wealth of knowledge everyone brings to the table .... what a grand banquet among friends!! ;-)

Are there others out there like me? Just curious.

Happy quilting!!
I too love this quilting board. I feel like I have found a new best friend. So many of you are so wonderful, helpful, supportive, caring and generally lovely folks. I enjoy this board very much. I look forward to all the new conversations and sharing of quilting techniques and so much more.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by BeckiQuilts
Love my FB buddies, but there is nothing more relaxing than sitting an hour or so checking on everyone's progress, or lack of progress! QB wins, hands down.
I agree with you.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:59 AM

I have chosen NOT to do Facebook; have heard too much about privacy problems.
I WILL brag to Facebook users that the application "Graffitti" was created by my nephews!
Old 02-10-2011, 12:54 PM

I have a facebook page, but rarely go there. But, I am here every day. I love it here.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:24 PM

Can't see any sense in facebook. just seem to talk a whole lot of rubbish and don't care who sees it
Old 02-10-2011, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by BluegrassGurl
I don't know about you.... but I USED to be an avid user of Facebook..... that was BEFORE I found this Quilting Board. Now, when I boot up my laptop... my first stop (and many times my only stop) is here at the QB.

I love the support, friendship, encouragement, inspiration and the wealth of knowledge everyone brings to the table .... what a grand banquet among friends!! ;-)

Are there others out there like me? Just curious.

Happy quilting!!

I didn't use Facebook but checked out other quilter's boards and none are like our quilting board. We are such a supportive, loving and giving family who share the same gift, quilting.

Andie :-D
Old 02-10-2011, 01:45 PM

I am in the same boat. I used to love FB, but now I have too many people I know on there, I have co-workers, and family, and friends. So if I need to vent, I can't post it on FB, because whoever I am venting about will read it! At least here you all can identify or sympathize with me.
Thanks for being here FB!

Now they just need to invent a Quiltville game and we will spend even MORE time here!
LOL
Old 02-10-2011, 01:53 PM

I love this board, I am not too keen on facebook, I only go on the see baby pics. of my friends grandbabies.