Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Favorite time of year..here's why..... >

Favorite time of year..here's why.....

Favorite time of year..here's why.....

Old 04-12-2011, 07:40 AM

My DH is always in the house right under my feet and I have no time alone. So this morning I am reading the QB and having my second cup of coffee and outside the sun is shining and I can hear the riding lawnmower. Yup. He's outside for hours now, mowing, watering, etc. Lately, since the weather is nicer, he is outside a lot. I get so much done in here and have peace and quiet.
So much for a hubby who is always at home. Gotta love him.

So now I am going to quilt and relax and enjoy my alone time. Hope I'm not being rude. I just never, never get time alone any more. And I do need it to think and have my space. Anyone else?

Time to play...using your relatives Mousie....HUGS
[ATTACH=CONFIG]183148[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-183142.gif  
Old 04-12-2011, 07:44 AM

Yeah-I feel your pain! Worse yet-my husband watches a news channel all day long!
Old 04-12-2011, 07:57 AM
Power Poster

Deb, I hear ya sweetie. My husband recently started a home business and I get a little antsy sometimes.
My kids are grown and I really like alone time........... sigh
He doesn't mean to bug me but I just like having time just the cats and me lol
I have a sewing room upstairs though and can watch the Yankees on my laptop, except he wants to listen to the game.
I'll figure something out :D:D
Old 04-12-2011, 08:02 AM

I work full time. . . .prior to hubby retiring, I would come home at 3 o'clock and get the WHOLE HOUSE to myself till he came home at 5:30. Now, I never get any alone time. He does all of the yard work while I'm at work because of my allergies. The housework, grocery shopping, dishes, everything but the laundry and cooking so we can have Saturday and Sunday together. Mind you, I'm NOT COMPLAINING, I just miss those couple of hours every day. I could go shopping, run errands, or come home and take a nap, and no one was the wiser, now. . . . if I am late!! I have to explain why. Geeze!!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:08 AM

So glad others feel the same. I am a people person and love to be in the middle of a group but I need my "down" time. LOL. I saw a sign once that said "My husband retired, Someone save me". Sounds appropriate.
I am actually looking forward to my skull base surgery on the 27th of this month. I will have a week or so in the hospital to watch tv and rest. Won't be able to see well enough to read for a few days. I have double vision when I come out. Guess that happens when there are so many hands in my head. LOL. No cooking, no cleaning, no nothing. Wahooooooooooo. ♥♥♥
Old 04-12-2011, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by frauhahn
Yeah-I feel your pain! Worse yet-my husband watches a news channel all day long!
OMG - you poor woman. My dad does this. I keep telling him that there's no need to watch 24 hours of news; after 15 minutes, you know everything you need to know. If it's important enough, they will break into regular programming.

(he just glares at me..) (lol)
Old 04-12-2011, 08:15 AM

At least that is more interesting than all day about cars and such. Those muscle cars and the guy who rebuilds morotcycles. Really....boring........
Then he likes the discovery channels and wants to tell me everything he heard that day. And at the table when I can't exactly walk away. ROFL. Bless their hearts.
I decided to put on a tape that GR8GR8 sent me before she passed. She sent me about 20 tapes she had made and each one has 6-8 hours of quilt shows. Just love her for that and miss her too. I feel like she is sitting right by me enjoying them again. Sigh.........

Then again, he can come in and tell me to go to my room and watch it. LOL. Oh honey, please let me stay,,,,as I rush to get down the hall. ROFL. :evil: :D
Old 04-12-2011, 09:03 AM
np3
Power Poster

Same here. Hubby is gone for a few hours several days a week. And it is MY time. Only my GKs can interrupt!

What format are the quilting tapes? Are they CDs? VHS? Can they be duplicated? No quilt TV here and I would love to have copies of them. Especially since they belonged to Margaret.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:18 AM

I totally understand this but DH still works weekend mornings and golfs a couple of days. However, I have Tuesdays, that is my day, whether he's home or not, it's my day to go out with friends, go to the pool ALONE, whatever. Once it's established, it's cool. You just have to make an effort to do it. Even in retirement we can't be with each other 24/7.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:38 AM

I hear you gals. We've been married 56 years, are both retired and love my DH dearly but sometimes I need a little Me by Myself Alone time. LOL! May in Jersey