Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
February 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize >

February 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize

February 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize

Old 02-25-2013, 10:29 AM

Thanks everyone. I am just so very happy about this little baby that I can't believe it! I "had" to go shopping this morning to buy a couple of nb outfits. They are in the dryer and I will run them over to the hospital in a bit. I was anticipating a baby as big as mine which was from 9 lb 1 oz to 10 lb. She was 7 lbs 4 oz and just looks so tiny to me. We didn't have any clothes for her smaller than 3 mo size. Now she is set for a few days. LOL
Old 02-25-2013, 12:34 PM

Congratulations on the new beautiful baby Pam! Maybe one day I'll get to have that experience of being a grandmother to a human baby instead of just grand furr-babies!
Old 02-25-2013, 02:02 PM

Went for my weigh in today. I was down another 1 lb. I got measured again too. The place I joined measures me every three weeks so I can see not just weight loss but inches too. It really helps my attitude to see that not only is the weight coming off, but that I'm losing inches and my clothes are fitting better. Since Jan. 1,2013, I am down 19.6 lbs. and have lost 21 1/4 inches over all. It feels so good to be able to reach your own back to scratch it! haha I still have a long way to go, but I'm glad I finally got started. I actually like water now too!
Old 02-26-2013, 05:18 AM

where is everyone hiding? I haven't seen everyone popping in. Work has been slower than I had expected, it seems odd as we are normally swampped at the end of the month.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:09 AM

I'm here...hoping to break even this month.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:15 AM

I wish I would break even, since I started back on insulin 6 weeks ago I have gained back 20 lbs. UGH I am so fustrated with this. I just want to crawl into a hole and give up. I am going to have to something and really don't know what else to do, I have been eating healthy, staying away from carbs and sweet stuff.

I worked to hard to get rid of the weight and very disappointed that it is back.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:00 AM

I feel for you Cindy. I think I know how hard you have been working on losing. I wish I could truly say the same. I haven't really been working hard on my loss. I go along for about 2 weeks and then think okay, I'll just have a small something (insert - cookie, chocolate, ice cream, whatever is your mountain here) for a snack and then, well, I have to start all over. The scales aren't showing the weight, but I looked at myself really close in the mirror this morning and them hips are back again - they had started to disappear. I really need to get serious about me.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:02 AM

Taboo Tuesday - cut out the middle of the day snack - unless it's a string cheese stick, or a protein drink or specific food that fits within your diet plan. NO cookies, NO candies, NO chocolate. I'm saying this more for me than for most of you (cause I know you're watching your intake).
Old 02-26-2013, 03:10 PM

Cindy can you talk to a nutritionist about your problem with gaining since you went on insulin. A co-worker who is diabetic took a nutrition class for diabetics at the hospital and was shocked at what they were telling her to eat. SHe said a lot of what she thought she was doing right was all wrong. SHe said she now eats a lot more and weighs a lot less. I know when my FIL was first diagnosed he went to a couple of classes.
I went to a bootcamp class for the first time today. I hope I can move tomorrow. Right now I am kinda surprised my inner thighs feel like they are getting sore.This isn't where I expected to get sore. I have been on a peanut butter kick. I really need to cut it out. I have been eating way too much of it. The chocolate has been creeping back in to my diet too. I won;t win this month but I am down a little. I will weigh in a couple of days.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:20 PM

Yes I do need to talk to a nuturionist again. It has been a few years since I have. I also am thinking I may need to go back thru the diabetic education classes again as a refresher. I will get my doctor to refer me.

I am sure there are areas I can improve in, like watching the calories also that I consume. And get my but off the couch more and get moving.

I am happy that my numbers are not staying high.