Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Finally! It's snowing!

snow is beautiful, when your not working or driving! very cozy indeed!

Blog Entries
    *** It is just after 3 pm on Wednesday (01-20-2016)
    *** AND even in upstate South Carolina we are receiving
    *** a few flakes.
    *** Don't mind a few flakes but PLEASE no ice.
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

Senior Member Cheshirecatquilter's Avatar
    You won't get tired of the snow as long as you've built up your stash, have a generator, a gravity fed well, and a woodstove for heat.
    Quote Originally Posted by carolaiken View Post
    We finally have our winter weather in NC. It's snowing beautifully and the best part is it's to warm to stick! Of course I've been sitting in the rocking chair drinking coffee and watching the flakes drift down. Eventually I need to get up and get into the quilting cave. When we retire in 4 years we are looking to head to the mountains of Virginia and I do wonder if I will then get tired of snow. Nah, don't think so!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshirecatquilter View Post
    You won't get tired of the snow as long as you've built up your stash, have a generator, a gravity fed well, and a woodstove for heat.
    Actually those are some of the must haves on my list for our next home. If the ice storm hits as hard as we are hearing I'll wish I had that generator tonight!

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by carolaiken View Post
    Actually those are some of the must haves on my list for our next home. If the ice storm hits as hard as we are hearing I'll wish I had that generator tonight!
    Ok, I officially know we are long lost sisters now.
    My Ancestry DNA tells me I am majorly Scot and English with a small percentage of "Scandinavian"....must be Vikings, don't you think, hmmm? I, too, am determined to visit Scotland fore I leave this earth. Let's go together!!

Also, when you move to VA, with a generator and accessories, I'll just bring fabric and come stay with you during these "winter storms". Jamie and Claire I am not, as far as roughing it goes!!
    Of course, you do know Wythe..... is catching the brunt of this one, right?

Jan in whiteout VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Blog Entries
    Here in CA we need all the snow and rain we can get. Send us all that snow you don't want.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    Ok, I officially know we are long lost sisters now.
    My Ancestry DNA tells me I am majorly Scot and English with a small percentage of "Scandinavian"....must be Vikings, don't you think, hmmm? I, too, am determined to visit Scotland fore I leave this earth. Let's go together!!

Also, when you move to VA, with a generator and accessories, I'll just bring fabric and come stay with you during these "winter storms". Jamie and Claire I am not, as far as roughing it goes!!
    Of course, you do know Wythe..... is catching the brunt of this one, right?

Jan in whiteout VA
    Have checked the weather in Wytheville through out the day. Looks like you guys are getting your fair share too! I'm Scot on both sides with some English thrown in. Love the Jamie and Claire reference, one of my all time favorite book series. I don't mind a little roughing it some but I think heat, hot water, microwaves and IPODS are great inventions!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2