Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Flash light app on phones

Flash light app on phones

Saw on TV last night that some flashlight apps on fancy cell phones have mal-ware/spyware and they need to be removed. I would google this and find out more but my track phone is just that, a pay as you go phone and nothing else. Just though it was worth looking into for those of you who have them.

Any app can have malware/spyware. This is why you have to be careful with permissions.
    Some apps want to access everything on your phone for no particular reason. I hate that.
    One more reason not to store sensitive data on your phone...such as credit cards.

Any free app can cause problems. It's best to pay for one then get the one that is free. Most are .99, so splurge.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Super Member citruscountyquilter's Avatar
    I just use the flashlight app that came already installed on my iPhone. Works great.

Remember the flashlight will drain a battery fast. If you put the phone on Airplane mode first the battery will last longer and if put on Airplane mode will recharge much faster too.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I keep safe having what I call my "Dumb Dumb" phone (flip phone, it is NOT smart at all).
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Quote Originally Posted by citruscountyquilter View Post
    I just use the flashlight app that came already installed on my iPhone. Works great.

My 5 yr old GGD showed me that on my phone one day....amazingly bright. I was happy, now a week later, I wanted to use the flashlight for something.....don't remember how she did it! Will have to wait til I see her again!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I only use apps that pertain to work and I know are good non-malware. I have a flashlight already that came with the phone.

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I've always had a basic phone, some flip, some not. I just flip the current one open for a light. I don't think I'm smart enough to use a "smart" phone!
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

What did we do before these smart phones? I still smile when I see people talking while shopping, but I do put my grocery list on NOTES on my phone, only because handwritten lists inevitably ended up "forgotten" on kitchen counter!

Btw...ggd showed my again how to get the flashlight....so simple!

So- is it safe to have the flashlight app on your iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    I've always had a basic phone, some flip, some not. I just flip the current one open for a light. I don't think I'm smart enough to use a "smart" phone!
    Too funny Jan. If your phone suits your needs just keep it. I have a smart phone and trust me- you don't have to be smart to use it. If you can read and have a working finger to touch the screen that's all there is to it. I tell people the only way you can break it is to throw it on concrete or drop it in a puddle.
    Alyce