Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Flat Rate Envelopes - Problem solution >

Flat Rate Envelopes - Problem solution

Flat Rate Envelopes - Problem solution

Old 02-16-2011, 05:20 PM

For all of those of you who have had trouble with the PO denying your FRE for mailing fabric or blocks - I have a solution to this. I went to my PO this afternoon with all the issues many of you have. My clerk and Postmaster said this, "If you get me the cities of those PO's who are giving you a hard time, we will personally make the phone calls to get this resolved. We want the public to use our service, and those who are being nasty about this need to be stopped."
So, here is what I am requesting. Instead of giving me the story, if you have had an issue with this, in this thread, please just give me the city and state of the PO you have had trouble with. I will give the list to my PO's clerk and Postmaster. And as an added note, if you can even get me the names of those giving you a hard time,(send those to me by PM please) I will also include those on the list. How does this sound to all of you?
Old 02-16-2011, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
For all of those of you who have had trouble with the PO denying your FRE for mailing fabric or blocks - I have a solution to this. I went to my PO this afternoon with all the issues many of you have. My clerk and Postmaster said this, "If you get me the cities of those PO's who are giving you a hard time, we will personally make the phone calls to get this resolved. We want the public to use our service, and those who are being nasty about this need to be stopped."
So, here is what I am requesting. Instead of giving me the story, if you have had an issue with this, in this thread, please just give me the city and state of the PO you have had trouble with. I will give the list to my PO's clerk and Postmaster. How does this sound to all of you?
WOW, Deb
that is a wonderful thing you are doing for these people !!
Old 02-16-2011, 05:28 PM

This sounds like a sensible thing to do. Surprisingly, today at a club meeting, one of the group who had had to buy massive amounts of mailing products for the Sheriff's department, was talking about the same thing. Said that with the bad press the USPO was getting, it was simply forcing people to go online more and write less and send less packages. UPS is polite!! Telephoning is good, some of us have unlimited calling now, and in general, most folks are doing much less writing and sending small presents these days. No one wants to be snarled at or think they've been cheated, it's just too easy to go to UPS, which will actually PACK your delicate objects!! A friend had a complete set of expensive table ware sent that way, and as they packed it they phoned her to tell her one cup had a small chip on it, which she knew. It got to her son in another state with no damage!!
So the USPO had better do some fast public relations work..NOW. Here in my town the Post Office employees are nice, even when the place is packed they are pleasant and I really do like that sort of welcome.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Power Poster

Deb, that's great of you to help out!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:31 PM

thank you! that is very kind of you to do this..I have not had any problems, but I know many have on here, I hope it helps!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:44 PM

Deb is a super hero!
Old 02-16-2011, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
Deb is a super hero!
Nope, just trying to help out all of us who like to save on postage so we can purchase more fabric. In reality, I am sure that I am not the only one getting tired of the frustration that quilters are feeling because of the whole FRE issue. I am very grateful for the support of my PO personnel....so, just trying to help all of us. Besides, I really like hosting the swaps. Oh, BTW, I asked about those bubble envelopes that are being touted about. My clerk just shook her head and said that our area can't even get them. go figure.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:10 PM

Deb, it's really great of you to take this on and offer to help.

I haven't had a problem with the FRE, now requiring customs forms on a simple letter to Canada is another story....
Old 02-16-2011, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Originally Posted by Candace
Deb is a super hero!
Nope, just trying to help out all of us who like to save on postage so we can purchase more fabric. In reality, I am sure that I am not the only one getting tired of the frustration that quilters are feeling because of the whole FRE issue. I am very grateful for the support of my PO personnel....so, just trying to help all of us. Besides, I really like hosting the swaps. Oh, BTW, I asked about those bubble envelopes that are being touted about. My clerk just shook her head and said that our area can't even get them. go figure.
hAD TO ORDER BUBBLE ONES FROM USPS
Old 02-16-2011, 09:41 PM

I a so gld I don't have issues like this...the girls are great at the Post Office even gives me suggestions!!!