Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Flu shot pharmacy protection...OMG!! >

Flu shot pharmacy protection...OMG!!

Flu shot pharmacy protection...OMG!!

Old 12-02-2020, 05:48 AM

For Mermaid, I don't understand the thinking "the virus will go away after the election." This is not going away for a long while. We all need to be diligent about wearing masks. It does help. The upcoming release of vaccines, produced in record time, should help curb this invasive Chinese pandemic. So many have died, and so many suffer lingering health issues. We all need to do our part with masks and constant washing of hands and avoiding large crowds...the best we can do for now. Take care, everyone.
Old 12-02-2020, 06:07 AM

I got my flu shot in October at a pharmacy and the pharmacist came out with mask and took me into a cubicle with clear separations on table. he was on one side and I was on the other. Got my shot though.
oh this pandemic will be here another year at least if it's anything like the 1918 one!! so buckle down everyone, it's going to be a long bumpy road. But we can get through this together
Old 12-02-2020, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
Seems more people are wearing masks than in the beginning just don't seem to be helping.
I've noticed that, too. I haven't seen anyone in a store without a mask for 4 or 5 months now but it doesn't seem to be making any difference. It's very frustrating. Hopefully, the new vaccine will be effective without a lot of bad side effects.
Old 12-02-2020, 12:58 PM
Power Poster

I wear a mask . I don't care if others wear a mask or not as long as they keep a distance from me. From what I have been told the mask keeps larger droplets from being breathed in, it won't stop the virus germ. I'm protecting myself from those that don't wear a mask and may sneeze or cough in the air. Young children don't wear a mask and they are the ones yelling, crying, or sneezing. There is no excuse for parents bringing their young kids shopping now. Curb side pick up if no babysitter.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:04 PM

I really wish more people would use germ-killing mouthwash.....kill 'em before ingesting 'em...certainly can't hurt.....well, spit - don't swallow.
Old 12-02-2020, 03:46 PM

The virus has nothing to do with the US election. It is a world-wide problem and actually Belgium has the highest percentage of deaths from it.

Watson
Old 12-02-2020, 04:12 PM
Power Poster

Julienm1 ... Not such a strange concept here. Have seen lots with both, particularly in medical or similar settings. The pharmacist would have to come within less than a meter of you. Consider the shield like the plexi glass dividers that are everywhere. An extra layer of protection for you, plus protection for his eyes.
Old 12-05-2020, 11:48 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mindless View Post
I really wish more people would use germ-killing mouthwash.....kill 'em before ingesting 'em...certainly can't hurt.....well, spit - don't swallow.
The hydrogen peroxide in those brands of mouth wash may make your tongue turn black if used everyday, not harmful but frightening.