flying with a baby

Old 10-24-2013, 03:37 AM

Piper has some smart parents!
Old 10-24-2013, 04:59 AM

Fantastic idea & so thoughtful of the baby to be worried that her parents would make too much noise !! LOL
Old 10-24-2013, 05:03 AM

Very thoughtful and well prepared!
Old 10-24-2013, 09:23 AM

It is difficult to be on a flight with a small baby.....they cry because they cannot equalize the pressure in their ears....that is why you should always have a bottle in their mouth while taking off and landing particularly....hopefully the parents know this. However, unruly kids is another issue. I had three young children sitting in front of me for a 3 hour 55 minute flight....I use the term loosely on the "sitting", they were all over the place. The flight attendant finally got them to say in their seat "area". They stood on their seats and threw things at me, interfered with my using my computer,this went on for hours. Finally, I got up, went around to the front of their seat (sitting at the front of coach). I said, you know kids, if you don't sit in your seats and buckle up, when we start to land you will float to the ceiling and maybe bump your heads? They had a look of shock and immediately turned around, sat down, and buckled up.
They guy across the isle leaned over and told me....great response, I am going to use it in the future. He then said, Perfect! The kids asked the attendant if it was true that they might float to the ceiling on landing.....she asked who told them that....they pointed to me....she said, that's right, you don't want to take any chances, do we? Ahh, peace.

Last edited by Lady Diana; 10-24-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:30 AM

This is a tip for older kids and adults who have ear trouble. My DD had/has lots of ear touble. When flying we would get styrofoam cups, stuff in some paper towel and hot water, not enough to pour out, just enough to wet the towel. On take off and landing she would hold the cups over her ears, no pain.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:03 AM

I've had no problems with babies but there was an elementary age school boy, I could have rung his neck. We were going thru turbulance, and he hollers "we're going down!" The stewardess gave the parents a look that said it all for the rest of us!!
Old 10-24-2013, 10:37 AM
Power Poster

wow thatis really a great idea!!!!
Old 10-24-2013, 10:50 AM
Power Poster

What? does Piper not know that chocolate wins us all over?

Great public relations idea!
Though would be hard to know how far to give out the gifts to.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:51 PM

Sorry, I don't agree. I find this idea depressing. It is a pretty sad statement when society cannot cope with infants on airplanes and the parents must bribe their fellow passengers. (I can think of a few adults that should have bribed their fellow passengers because their behavior was not pleasant.)

Yes, some kids and adults have no idea how to behave on a flight. Instead of being frustrated, I like to think of what can I do to improve the situation. I have found by talking to kids, not about their behavior but by starting a conversation usually helps. They are excited and bored, parents are exhausted. By calmly talking to them and entertaining them - everyone wins and spending $$ on passenger gifts is not necessary!
Old 10-25-2013, 07:21 AM

I would like to know how they got all that food through the security check points. Here at the Sacramento airport only food purchased after going through security can be taken on the plane. A water bottle unopened full of water can't even be carried through security.