Foal Watch For Patches

Old 06-11-2009, 05:26 AM

Yes, she does seem a bit antsy, huh?
Maybe it was because she knew she was getting food lol

All I can do with the Navy people is...tickets. No hotels or anything like that. what I'm trying to do is make some sort of itinery so we can figure out about how many days we will be gone and about how much money we need. Our trip to Singapore, including Refundable tickets was about $5000. That included hotels, food, souveniers AND the cashmere suit (plus 5 silk shirts), my silk skirt and jacket and silk dress for Courtney.
So, I really don't that that was all that bad. The tickets alone were $2500. That trip was 10 days. I don't want to spend any more than that. Have actually figured with hotel, siteseeing, souveniers, and rental car, should be about $3000.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:52 AM
Power Poster

You must travel much more economically than we do... :oops: Once we went on a trip with my BIL/SIL...near the end, they asked us if we EVER ate at McDonald's... :shock: I would think if you can do that trip for 3K...you are really good!
Old 06-11-2009, 05:57 AM

I was out in the pouring rain trying to get Flirt and Rumor in so thats why I had the hoodie on. Ughh we are supposed to have several storms move through all day. I hate to keep Patchy in that long but I cant take a chance of her falling out there. Her muscles in the back end are like jello so I know she couldnt catch herself.

When it rains that lot turns into an ice skating rink. I almost fell right in the mud.

Since Patches foaled at night last year I suspect she will wait but ya never know!
Old 06-11-2009, 06:00 AM

When traveling, I will do fast food for b'fast and lunch, but for dinner, I want to be sat and served.
When we were in Singapore, I could have paid $30 more a night at the hotel to include full b'fast for us. Nope, the little cafe across the street did just fine. Coffee/tea and pastry for each of us (3) was $5. :)
I really want to do this trip cheaply because I want to go to Hong Kong again too! That trip would be in about 2 weeks and would be booked at the last minute. Good thing Expedia has good rates. lol But, unsure of that one...have to play that trip by ear.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:02 AM

Maybe she'll have a 'Stormy' foal?
I'm off to work...good thing they're not strict about start & end times! LOL But I HAD to check in before I left... :wink:

Be careful out there Kay! My arms aren't quite long enough to help you up from here!
Old 06-11-2009, 06:03 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Sorry about the awful weather! Maybe if it's darker than normal, she'll think it's night and foal? Can always hope!
Old 06-11-2009, 06:07 AM
Power Poster

Sooooo no foal....but "have a full hard udder and a very swollen vulva." That is great news!!!! Kay, it sounds like tonight and you go to the show groggy from an all night foaling!!! :D :D :D
Old 06-11-2009, 06:09 AM
Power Poster

Sharon, I am sorry to hear about your son's difficulties! I hope that his surgery takes care of his medical problems! Let us know how it goes, please!
Old 06-11-2009, 06:09 AM
Power Poster

Teri, your trip sounds like a blast!!! I am sooo envious :mrgreen:
Old 06-11-2009, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by kaykay
I was out in the pouring rain trying to get Flirt and Rumor in so thats why I had the hoodie on. Ughh we are supposed to have several storms move through all day. I hate to keep Patchy in that long but I cant take a chance of her falling out there. Her muscles in the back end are like jello so I know she couldnt catch herself.

When it rains that lot turns into an ice skating rink. I almost fell right in the mud.

Since Patches foaled at night last year I suspect she will wait but ya never know!
Kay, you have the hair dryer in the barn there. You could have used it. You used it on Rumor lol

I sure hope the rain lets up and you could at least open the top of the door so Patches could get some fresh air.
That girl NEEDS to foal! I'm tired of watching her!!
Maybe I'll go find the pics of her from last year and dream lol