Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Four Doll Buddies For Very Sick Kids >

Four Doll Buddies For Very Sick Kids

Four Doll Buddies For Very Sick Kids

Old 06-03-2013, 09:34 AM

Such a handsome group of young men there. I love bib overalls on kids.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:57 PM

Thanks Chase. I love overalls on kids also. One wears Osh kosh overalls (green and white long sleeved t-shirt under it). I called their consumer affairs office and send a link to the doll webste, plus a pic of 4 boys and a girl doll (not yet posted with the girl on line). Also sent a single photo of the doll earing those osh kosh overalls. They put the pictures, etc on their "WALL OF FAME" (Whatever that is) to share with others in the department. I thought that was pretty neat. Thought I'd share that information. Hugs and things for the reply. When these 5 go out, it will bring the new total to 160 dolls.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:32 PM

How wonderful. Blessings to you for blessing sick children.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:42 PM

God Bless you for all your dolls.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:21 PM

thanks for those precious comments on the dolls.

God Bless you all.

do let me know if you have knowledge of a VERY sick child

Vickey Stamps.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:33 AM
Power Poster

What great dolls - you are doing a great job for sick kids.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:59 AM

Those dolls are so cute and such a good idea. Where did you find the pattern?

Originally Posted by wordpaintervs View Post
A QB Member (Labee) sent a variety of boy doll outfits last week, 2 were Bib Overalls and 1 a shirt and striped jeans (among other jeans and shirts, 1 pair of Bib Overalls came from a lady at my church (today) that knows how much I love overalls on the boy dolls I make for the sick children. (Sorry girl dolls...you are stuck with pretty dresses, so be lady like and wait your turn to show off!)

I hope you all like the pictures. If you know of a very sick boy in need of one of these dolls, remember they are free, including postage.

God Bless all

Vickey Stamps
Old 06-04-2013, 09:43 AM

Gosh Vicky, you are doing such a wonderful thing for sick kids. Your dolls are so cute. You do a fantastic job on them. So nice of you to give of your time for such a good cause. I know that God will richly bless you for all your efforts. He has already blessed you with the talent He gave you for such a purpose. Hugs to you, Sandrea
Old 06-04-2013, 09:54 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Oh Vickey- You do such a wonderful job and just are a precious person !! thank you for all you do !!
Old 06-04-2013, 10:49 AM

originally I got down on my hands and knees on the rug and with the local paper and a sharpy pen, drew out the doll pattern, plus tops and pants for boys and dresses for the girls (2 each since the girls are upside down or 2 in 1 girls). Now I get size 12 month clothes for the boys (only long pants as legs are 'clubby') at half off at thrift stores or via donations. I dearly love to see the boys in overalls. Each boy turns front to back to show a sleepy face. Now I make cloth templates for the bodies and cloth dress templates for the girls. It takes a yard and a half for each dress. It takes 1 yard for girl dolls and 1 and 1/2 yards for body bodies. All dolls are free including postage, so I cut corners where I can. I depend on donations to get the dolls mail out and have a non-profit bank account titled DOLLS FOR SICK KIDS at the local tri-counties bank in my town of Crescent City, CA. So far 155 dolls are sent out to a child in serious need of comfort. A postage free 'template set and instructions' are available to those that want to make their own doll for a very sick child. That is a stipulation, and if you want to make more then one, that is frosting on the cake. My newest goal is 200 total, and will continue on as long as I can. I have only 34% of my lungs and require O2 all night and sometimes in the day, but at least I am walking talking breathing and can sew. here is the web site for the dolls that Sew_tracy is hosting for me.
www.dollsforverysickkids.com

thanks so much and hope I have answered any questions you might have. I sure appreciate all the encouragement you send my way and the love you have for these sick kids. God bless each of you.

Vickey Stamps