Friendships

Old 04-21-2010, 04:02 PM

My day was made today, when I got a totally unexpected visit from a long lost friend. We went out for a leisurely lunch and enjoyed a great chat. Made me realize just how strong true friendships are; that time and distance cannot change that. No matter how busy we get, that bond never goes away.
Before she arrived, I met up with another friend I hadn't seen for a long time at the grocery store today. We talked about getting together before she and hubby take off with their camper for the summer.
God Bless Friendships and may you never take yours for granted.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:05 PM
Banned

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 04-21-2010, 04:31 PM

What a terrific day!! :D
I'm still friends with my bestie from grade school. Although she lives in MO now & I'm in SoCal & we don't see each other or talk often, when we do, you'd think we'd never been apart. :D I still remember when her oldest daughter was in 4th grade & I was visiting. We'd been talking non-stop for hours, and Becca walked up to us & said "How long have you known each other?" We looked at each other & said, at the same time, "Since we were YOUR age!" :D:D:D
Old 04-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I have a friend that I met in the 8th grade. I couldn't stand her for a year and she knew it. I was new to the school had just moved from Ca to Ok and wasn't happy about it one little bit. That was in 1982 and we are still friends even after my folks moved back to Ca and then to KY. We talk from time to time and email and now face book. I love her but she still drives me crazy.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Power Poster

In grade school I made four friends that stuck.
One of them I see every couple of years, by running into her.
One, lives within six miles and I run into her every few months or so, at the store or something.
One, lives 30 miles away and every once in a blue moon I go to her house. Otherwise we talk on the phone once or twice a month and swap grandma stories :thumbup:
Used to be a whole lot more. We use to have a small business together for a couple years, in the nineties.
Hung out together, hubbies got along famously.
Fourth...oh yeah...I'm the fourth friend, LOL! they all still claim me.
Have two sisters as great friends from childhood, and we are like family. I hung out with them as much as I could as a teenager for about 3 years, and they lived 55 miles away.
Met a lot of guys with them, lol! Occassionally we swiped each other's boyfriends, but the friendships stayed intact!
Their mom was like my mom.
One of them could drive up or call and it's old home week all over again. The best of times! Thanks for reminding me.
I need to go visit :wink:
Old 04-21-2010, 05:52 PM

It makes me smile to see that sharing my surprise visitor today, gave you all a reason to think about your friends. My best friend is actually my cousin. We have been close since very little girls; and it never changed. We make ourselves available to each other during tough times; and have shared some awesome fun times....including a week trip to VT. as our first vacation away from hubbies and families, and 4 days and nights on a Windjammer Schooner ship in the Atlantic Ocean.