Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Funny kids at  the door for Trick or Treating...did you get any? >

Funny kids at the door for Trick or Treating...did you get any?

Funny kids at the door for Trick or Treating...did you get any?

Old 10-31-2011, 06:29 PM

We have about 15 that live on our cove, all under 10. They came by before dark. The cutest costume was the little boy across the street, he's maybe 2, he was dressed as Bam-Bam, but he brought his spotted pooch, painted purple (with koolaid) and he was Dino.

That was darling!
One of the little girls was a brat and very rude. She kicked at my chihuahua puppy. If her foot had hit her it would have killed her, or at least hurt her badly.

One little girl cried when her mother put a safety pin on her wings to keep them from falling (no, she wasn't stuck) and I thought how immature for a 7 year old.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:31 PM

We used to have 100's before we moved.....

The wild turkeys, deer, squirrels, skunks and raccoons are our neighbors now and they haven't learned how to ring the doorbell.....you know, I don't think "they" know anything about Halloween at all....
:shock:
Old 10-31-2011, 06:38 PM

Had a cute little boy who was about three yrs. old and he smiled and said "hello" held out his little pumpkin, so I dropped a candy into it, then he handed me a candy from the pumpkin. I thanked him and tried to return it, he said thank you and ran off.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:28 PM

First time I've been home in several years and actually had something to hand out.... no one showed up.

Oh well, more for me and DH

I had Famous Amos cookies and mmmm they'll keep :)
Old 10-31-2011, 07:36 PM

Our neighborhood is growing older, most of the homes are owned by retirees. Took my youngest out, and for every house giving away candy, we walked by 3 or 4 that were dark. That's okay with me, he has to work for the candy and he gets pooped out before he accumulates too much.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by MisDixie
LOL Just had a couple of teens at the door with an adult! I opened the door and said "my your getting taller all every year!" They laughed. So happy to see the teens out and knowing that they are having fun.
My DD (who is 16) and her boyfriend went Trick or Treating around our neighborhood tonight. Only 3 people asked them if they were to old. I have to agree with what DD said to me. It is better for teens to be out trick or treating (politely!) than to be partying, doing drugs or who knows what.

Our neighbor laughed and said it was the first time she had a trick or treater with a beard. (stubble actually! LOL)
Old 10-31-2011, 07:44 PM

We just had one cute, younger girl who walked up the street with her mother (long, dark street in a horsey neighborhood), and one older, teenaged boy who was being driven around by his parents and who couldn't even be bothered to wear a costume!
Old 10-31-2011, 07:47 PM

This is the first time in 37 years we were able to celerate holloween. I had a blast. Not really knowing how many kids to expect, I actually ran ot of candy. I pulled out the frozen candy bars, apples, large packages of gum, finaly went to the 100 calorie snack packs and last of all the small caramel packages that you use with apples. I finally had to turn the lights out. I ran out of everything. LOL!!!!!
Old 10-31-2011, 07:52 PM

The kids I nanny for (18 & 4 months old) didn't dress up or go trick or treating. But I took them out for a walk so they could see the excitement. The best part for the kids was someone dressed as the Cat in the Hat. Also, the older one is learning to count, so we counted pumpkins at all the houses.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:12 PM

I went out with the kids and DH stayed home and handed out candy. I could see my 4 year old telling the candy-giver what kind of candy he wanted. I try to tell him to just accept what they give him but most people don't seem to mind.
My hubby said the cutest was a very little girl who was shy and dressed as a fairy. He asked her what she wanted and she used her fairy wand to point to her candy bucket. It sounded just adorable!!!