Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Funny post office story

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,084
    So quite often I send my husband to the post office on his lunch break from work to mail out my packages. We live very far out of town and this is the way that I can get packages mailed out more often. Anyway, he goes to this one post office and when he gets the man working he like to throw my packages over this half wall in the post office. ugh. He has no idea what is in the packages, he just assumes they are non breakable. Lucky for him the aren't breakable. So the other day I decide to go instead. But my husband decides he will go in with me. Just to see what the guy will do. Sooooo
    I get that guy at the window. He clearly sees my husband, small town so people recognize each other. And guess what he does.....or should I say, guess what he doesn't do?
    That is right, he treated my packages with care. NO tossing, no mistreatment. My husband was shocked. I told him, never underestimate the power of a woman staring at you to see what you will do to make you behave....hehe. It definitely made me feel good.
    Men think they have the power...nope. :-)

  2. #2
    Super Member luvTooQuilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Posts
    7,119
    Blog Entries
    1
    Ahahahaaaaaaaa.. :thumbup: :XD:

  3. #3
    Power Poster erstan947's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    12,168
    Blog Entries
    47
    LOL....I worked at our local PO for 8 years. However, I tried to keep everyone happy. Not too successful some days:)

  4. #4
    Junior Member cindyjean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tennesse
    Posts
    119
    Blog Entries
    2
    Lol. funny story. ty for sharing... And oh so true!!!

  5. #5
    Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    17,462
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

  6. #6
    Super Member jljack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North Carolina - But otherwise, NOTW
    Posts
    8,073
    Blog Entries
    9
    True....they don't have much power when confronted with a woman!! :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

  7. #7
    Super Member quiltlonger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Rushford, NY
    Posts
    1,690
    cute !

  8. #8
    Super Member moonwork42029's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Possum Trot, KY
    Posts
    4,045
    lol...the postman probably thought your husband brought you with for re-enforcements on how to treat the packages... You know the "you don't want to upset my wife" treatment.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,084
    LOL :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by moonwork42029
    lol...the postman probably thought your husband brought you with for re-enforcements on how to treat the packages... You know the "you don't want to upset my wife" treatment.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Maggie_1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    986
    too funny! so true!

  11. #11
    Super Member sharoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    1,976
    love it!

  12. #12
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mabank, Texas
    Posts
    8,280
    Guess you put him in his place. Good job.

  13. #13
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,960
    Blog Entries
    2
    Great story, but let us know how he treats your packages when only DH brings the next one in. lol

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,084
    I definitely will. I never thought of that. He better be nice or I will be making me a phone call to the post master there. I know way too many people in that town. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by smagruder
    Great story, but let us know how he treats your packages when only DH brings the next one in. lol

  15. #15
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,311
    Blog Entries
    5
    Great story--thanks for sharing it!

  16. #16
    Junior Member zelda2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    walking the yellow brick road
    Posts
    124
    did you know your mail carrier will mail the pkgs for you? I leave mine on top of the mail box with an envelope ($ inside)taped to it and she mails them for me. OR you can leave the pkg and just ask them to bill you. works great for me and don't have to bother the DH.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,084
    I called my post office and they told me only specific packages. The flat rate envelope only if they are less than so many ounces ( low number but can't remember what). And already have postage on them. My postal delivery person doesn't like to go out of her way for anyone. I live 8 miles out of town, rural carrier out here. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by zelda2
    did you know your mail carrier will mail the pkgs for you? I leave mine on top of the mail box with an envelope ($ inside)taped to it and she mails them for me. OR you can leave the pkg and just ask them to bill you. works great for me and don't have to bother the DH.

  18. #18
    Junior Member zelda2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    walking the yellow brick road
    Posts
    124
    OMG! We live 15 miles out. My post office mails ANYTHING! Any box or pkg. I just let them know what's in it and if I want insurance or whatever. I know I've seen ads on tv that they HAVE to do that! Maybe call the next nearest Post Office and talk with the Postmaster. I would certainly try that! ps. I always leave extra treats for my carriers too....cookies or whatever...they love it!

    Quote Originally Posted by thequiltmama
    I called my post office and they told me only specific packages. The flat rate envelope only if they are less than so many ounces ( low number but can't remember what). And already have postage on them. My postal delivery person doesn't like to go out of her way for anyone. I live 8 miles out of town, rural carrier out here. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by zelda2
    did you know your mail carrier will mail the pkgs for you? I leave mine on top of the mail box with an envelope ($ inside)taped to it and she mails them for me. OR you can leave the pkg and just ask them to bill you. works great for me and don't have to bother the DH.

  19. #19
    Super Member laalaaquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Woodstock, GA USA
    Posts
    1,258
    Don't you know it.. DH points out that women have half the money and all the ...... (insert word for female anatomy that is also a alternative name for cats)....so in his estimation women rule the world.

  20. #20
    Super Member madamekelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central Willamette Valley, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    6,619
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    True....they don't have much power when confronted with a woman!! :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
    My mother taught me the "one eyebrow up, stare" works against any man!

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2
    When we moved here in June 2006 our carrier would not even bring our pakages out to us. We live less than 1/2 mile off the road so I knew she had to bring them to the house. So everytime I had to go 10 miles, one way, I would let the clerk know I was not happy. Then one day as I walked in she said the Postmaster was there would I like to talk to her? So I did and from then on we got our packages delivered.

  22. #22
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,667
    Blog Entries
    194
    great job, I always tell my husband that women are treated differently

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,084
    :-)

  24. #24
    Power Poster CarrieAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Whitewater, WI
    Posts
    26,044
    lol!

  25. #25
    Super Member madamekelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central Willamette Valley, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    6,619
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madamekelly
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    True....they don't have much power when confronted with a woman!! :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
    My mother taught me the "one eyebrow up, stare" works against any man!
    And it does!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.