Game ideas for bus trip

Old 07-28-2011, 05:02 PM

Hi everyone
I'm doing a bus trip this weekend and I'm looking to see if anyone has any neat game ideas we can play on the bus as quilters. Can you help me? I played a few last year, but 'm trying to find something different. ANy help you can give me would be great. Thanks
Old 07-28-2011, 05:07 PM

I'll be watching this for suggestions. I'm doing one October 1st.(to your neck of the woods! :)) What did you play last year?
Old 07-28-2011, 05:14 PM

The games I've played on trips have been geared to kids.

A favorite was the ABC game where everyone tried to find words beginning with all the letters of the alphabet in order. Once one person 'called' a word nobody else could use it and the slowpokes had to find another word beginning with that letter.

And of course there was the challenge of trying to find license plates from as many states as possible.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:39 PM

Traffic Challange

mustang bang = u see a ford mustang car u " punch" the one next to u and say " mustang bang!"

blinky or winky = u see a vehicle with only one working head light, u " punch" the one next to u and say " blinky or winky" which ever word is chosen.

slug bug = when u see a VW bug car u " punch" as a bove and say " slug bug"

bull smack = when u see a cattle hauling truck, u " punch " as above, and call out "bull smack"

poncho punch = same as above but when u spot a horse.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:45 PM

If you feel lucky... you could quickly whip up some very basic horse shapes and stuff with beans or rice, six is a good number for a full bus, give them some racy names or quilty names.... Make up a little horse race ramble (can base it on quilting)..... and they're at the gate (machine) ...and we have so and so in front etc. etc. ... for someone to read & joke ... assign each horse a #... and a jockey (someone on the bus to cheer it on) Then pass around a sign up sheet with all the horse names on it... everyone puts their name on the horse they want to win .... ask for one FQ (or $1 or whatever) per bet and collect BEFORE race starts. Someone not participating throws the dice and if 4 is called then #4 horse gets moved one seat back... They all start at the "starting gate" and follow down one side of the bus & up the other (lots of cheering for the poor horse that hasn't made it from the starting gate) & the first horse to the front by the driver wins.... Everyone who backed that horse gets their portion of their winning.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:47 PM

At the end of the bus trip (I assume this is a quilty tour!) give each person a slip of paper with the following questions:

1. Name___________

2. How many yards of fabric did you purchase on this trip? ____

3. How many TOTAL yards of fabric do you think were purchased on this trip? ______

Add up all of the answers to #1 and who ever is closest wins!

They did this on a trip last year to PA Dutch Amish Country and there were over 14,000 (yes fourteen THOUSAND) yards of fabric in the belly of that bus!!! And 5 new sewing machine!!!

These ladies shopped till they dropped!
Old 07-28-2011, 05:51 PM

Bingo!
Old 07-28-2011, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by SharBear
At the end of the bus trip (I assume this is a quilty tour!) give each person a slip of paper with the following questions:

1. Name___________

3. How many TOTAL yards of fabric do you think were purchased on this trip? ______

They did this on a trip last year to PA Dutch Amish Country and there were over 14,000 (yes fourteen THOUSAND) yards of fabric in the belly of that bus!!! And 5 new sewing machine!!!

I like that!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 07-28-2011, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by shawnemily
Originally Posted by SharBear

1. Name___________

Yep, I like this one too. Last year one of our girls spent over $1100.00 (her first quilt show) an the amount of fabric she bought was unbelievable. I think I'll use this one on the way home for sure.
Thanks

I like that!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 07-28-2011, 06:25 PM

I was hoping to have some game ideas pertaining to quilting. Any ideas would be a big help.
Thanks
Debbie