Gas Prices!! OUCH!

Old 04-22-2011, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Kappy
Originally Posted by Momma_K
Can you believe the price of gas lately!! OH MY LORD!! It was bad enough fighting to stay between $2.89 - $2.98 for the longest. I get up this morning and on the way to the vet, I seen the sign $3.30!! WHAT GIVES!!?? It's getting scarey!!

What is the price in YOUR area?? :hunf:
Very scary! But they going to form a committee and study it! LOL
Day late and dollar short lol. Why didn't they bother to regulate things - oh they can't, it would mean no more money in their back pocket LOL.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:53 PM

$3.69 for Ethynal and $3.79 for regular here in Iowa. I walk when ever I have errands to do and I can carry what I need home. I think prices are going to get worse.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Kappy
Originally Posted by Momma_K
Can you believe the price of gas lately!! OH MY LORD!! It was bad enough fighting to stay between $2.89 - $2.98 for the longest. I get up this morning and on the way to the vet, I seen the sign $3.30!! WHAT GIVES!!?? It's getting scarey!!

What is the price in YOUR area?? :hunf:
Very scary! But they going to form a committee and study it! LOL And out state is looking into a mileage tax as revenue from the gas tax is down. What are they thinking!
What I find sad is how car companies want to sell more hybrids - at a price tag of at least $40,000!(This was in the Wall Street Journal) How will people be able to afford them, even if they have jobs, everything else in the economy will be going skyrocket.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:04 PM

Our went up to 3.69 yesterday.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:05 PM

Our gas prices are 3.89 and 3.84 Diewel is $4.30 and that is #2 roadmaster for truck and pickups is $4.60 and higher depending on whether you are in the oil patch or elsewhere. they are major gouging in the area where the oil workers are--food, lodging, everything up from 3 years ago. And it will not go down either. Govt only paying .51 reimbursement on gas prices. So I still pay over $3.30 a gal and I have to work in the oil patch area of ND. All it is is price gouging for them to make their quarterly profits rise.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by imanoni
It seems to me that the sun is in the sky for more than to light the day...Maybe God had a plan for us to harness that for something other than sunbathers and the few that have discovered that it will heat their business and homes...no one has ever made a really big deal about discovering the hidden purposes of it to help the whole world...Oil will someday be gone, maybe not in my lifetime or yours.........I'm just sayin'
Im w/u on this! Im not super religious, or even believe in organized "church", but I do believe in God/Jesus/Holy Ghost and know in my heart, everything we need as humans is here for us because we are God's children and He told us so. Not to horde or sell to the highest bidder for an obscene profit, while making some suffer for lack but for all of us.
The sun is simply an energy pump. I have some understanding of this because hubs is a chemical/nuke engineer who retired from Oakridge and I get the "solar for dummys" version with most of my dinners. The only reason the whole world isnt running on solar is because no one can figure out how to "corner the ownership" of something God gave to shine on us for free. We will be on oil until it simply runs out to nothing(it will) cus the oil cartel (this includes natural gas a byproduct of oil drilling, and the coal group)owns most of the world governments (including ours). When they own all the patents on all the stuff needed to convert sun to electricity they will come out and say how they have saved us and sell power to us at the same obscene prices they now sell their oil.
We can complain(oil companys really dont care how much we whine, really) and keep handing over our cash, or we can stop using oil as much as possible per family. This is very hard as most of us like just going along - also, for farmers its impossible to run a farm w/o it cus what doesnt go in tractors or trucks is needed to make fertilizers ( and a ton of other stuff we use ).
I guess its just, w/o anyone actually stopping use of it, its a pointless exercise to complain. I personally think the cartels know there will be a gov't crackdown on the prices and they're running up prices as fast as they can before theres a freeze (and, every single pol that votes or complains against price freezes is owned by oil! simple as that), and oil will yell bloody heck saying its some subversive (fill in the blank w/ the group you love to hate here!) plot, but they sure will back off cus instead of a 40 BILLION $ profit, well, 30 billion will do. Heck, even if they made them drop prices back a dollar they'd still make 20 Billion in profit. Gasoline is not a human right, its a commodity, its something someone makes to sell for the highest profit they can get for it. They dont care if you need it for life or death reasons, it all just money to them.
on a happier note, on the nightly news w/ Diane Sawyer tonight they have this segment that highlights companys that are still here and make products in the USA. Sylvania has the only co in the US making light bulbs here. They even have developed a halogen light that is inside the old style standard incandescent bulb shape. Its a plant in Pa. When I was a kid, my mom worked in a Sylvania plant in Batavia, NY. We had one of the first color tvs on the block cus mom bought it on her paycheck by installment thru the co. She worked long piecework factory hrs but she really loved her job. Gosh, that seemed so long ago - thinking back, mostly all the grownups used to not complain about their jobs, it seems like it was a happier work world back then, lol. share t (before anyone is put off by this, its only my thoughts and opinions here)
Old 06-08-2011, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by arimuse
Originally Posted by imanoni
It seems to me that the sun is in the sky for more than to light the day...Maybe God had a plan for us to harness that for something other than sunbathers and the few that have discovered that it will heat their business and homes...no one has ever made a really big deal about discovering the hidden purposes of it to help the whole world...Oil will someday be gone, maybe not in my lifetime or yours.........I'm just sayin'
Im w/u on this! Im not super religious, or even believe in organized "church", but I do believe in God/Jesus/Holy Ghost and know in my heart, everything we need as humans is here for us because we are God's children and He told us so. Not to horde or sell to the highest bidder for an obscene profit, while making some suffer for lack but for all of us.
The sun is simply an energy pump. I have some understanding of this because hubs is a chemical/nuke engineer who retired from Oakridge and I get the "solar for dummys" version with most of my dinners. The only reason the whole world isnt running on solar is because no one can figure out how to "corner the ownership" of something God gave to shine on us for free. We will be on oil until it simply runs out to nothing(it will) cus the oil cartel (this includes natural gas a byproduct of oil drilling, and the coal group)owns most of the world governments (including ours). When they own all the patents on all the stuff needed to convert sun to electricity they will come out and say how they have saved us and sell power to us at the same obscene prices they now sell their oil.
We can complain(oil companys really dont care how much we whine, really) and keep handing over our cash, or we can stop using oil as much as possible per family. This is very hard as most of us like just going along - also, for farmers its impossible to run a farm w/o it cus what doesnt go in tractors or trucks is needed to make fertilizers ( and a ton of other stuff we use ).
I guess its just, w/o anyone actually stopping use of it, its a pointless exercise to complain. I personally think the cartels know there will be a gov't crackdown on the prices and they're running up prices as fast as they can before theres a freeze (and, every single pol that votes or complains against price freezes is owned by oil! simple as that), and oil will yell bloody heck saying its some subversive (fill in the blank w/ the group you love to hate here!) plot, but they sure will back off cus instead of a 40 BILLION $ profit, well, 30 billion will do. Heck, even if they made them drop prices back a dollar they'd still make 20 Billion in profit. Gasoline is not a human right, its a commodity, its something someone makes to sell for the highest profit they can get for it. They dont care if you need it for life or death reasons, it all just money to them.
on a happier note, on the nightly news w/ Diane Sawyer tonight they have this segment that highlights companys that are still here and make products in the USA. Sylvania has the only co in the US making light bulbs here. They even have developed a halogen light that is inside the old style standard incandescent bulb shape. Its a plant in Pa. When I was a kid, my mom worked in a Sylvania plant in Batavia, NY. We had one of the first color tvs on the block cus mom bought it on her paycheck by installment thru the co. She worked long piecework factory hrs but she really loved her job. Gosh, that seemed so long ago - thinking back, mostly all the grownups used to not complain about their jobs, it seems like it was a happier work world back then, lol. share t (before anyone is put off by this, its only my thoughts and opinions here)
No one put off and very well said!!! Thank you for your input. I does make sense!
Old 06-08-2011, 07:05 PM

No one put off and very well said!!! Thank you for your input. I does make sense!
Old 06-12-2011, 10:39 AM

3.57 in our part of Oklahoma.
accross the border in Kansas it's about .20 higher.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:51 AM

our gas is 4.19 we don't let our gas tanks get below half can't afford to fill up and I have a Camry that gets great gas mileage