Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Geo Thermal heating and cooling systems >

Geo Thermal heating and cooling systems

Geo Thermal heating and cooling systems

Old 07-31-2014, 08:38 PM

We had one installed in our underground home and it lasted twenty years. We loved it and put in the second unit when we could no longer get parts for the 1st unit.

We lived there more cheaply than one could believe and saved a ton of money in living expense. We have sinced moved, closer to town, and are now on propane. We are considering switching to a ground source system, but will probably need two units for the size of the house we have now. Our friends have two units for their house and have been very happy with it. It was one of the most even and cleanest heats I have ever seen. I miss it terribly so now, so would be within the next couple of years we have ground source again.

I don't think you will be sorry with it, just get a reputable dealer and be sure your unit is big enough or even a little bigger than you need. Get quotes and talk with several dealers to get a feel for whether they know what they are doing or are just playing at it. Good luck and let us know how you like it after you have had it for a whlle
Old 08-01-2014, 09:25 AM

We have had our Geo system since 1992 and it is great. We also had an electric filter by Honeywell installed and I have very little dust in our house. By the way we live on a farm and always dust outside from trucks, tractors and other equipment. Am thankful I don't have to spend a lot of time dusting. Enjoy your Geo system.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:40 AM

Yes, we are enjoying it. But it will take our lifetime to pay for it....maybe even our children. It is NOT a cheap system, the interest over the time period of the loan will double the price of it. Guess that is poor folks always do...pay a double price for the important things today...its more of a 'constant' temperature without any noise and hopefully less maintenance to up keep. Since we cannot take any $$ with us when we die, might as well enjoy the $$ while we can...breathe and enjoy every breath.

Less $$ to spend on fabric, but I have enough stash and UFOs to keep me busy for twenty years, I think. Hope I am still quilting at ninety two. Counting my blessings every day. And enjoying visiting QB and its wonderful site...well run, and good people who use it.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:27 AM

Update: first electric bill shows a fifty percent less in its total for the the month...it will pay for itself in less than ten years. Advice: do ti. Choose knowledgeable company that does good work.