Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: gifts for quilters

Power Poster
    How about edible treats?

Speaking for myself - about the only things I need right now are sewing machine needles. I can't even think of anything to suggest for myself if someone asked. I'm trying to cut down on my clutter - and - for me - a lot of those things are in the category of clutter. (Sorry - don't mean to sound like a rain on your parade person - but after 50 years of accumulating - it is now time for me to start paring down on "stuff." Or at least, not accumulate much more!)

Blog Entries
    That's a great idea. food, we all need it.
    any suggestions on what to make, like chocolate coved rice crispies and such??
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Here are a couple of cloth bowls I made and a tin someone made for me. The cloth bowls were made using scraps, cut at 1.25 inches wide and adding more scrap strips as I used them up. Wrap the scraps around fabric clothesline cording and zigzag the wrapped cords together, when you want to make a round edge to make sides, just hold up the bottom piece you have already zigzagged together - perpendicular to your sewing machine - so your fabric wrapped cord will go under the sewing foot and the curve will automatically happen as you sew along to make this curve.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quilting People are the Best, Have a great sewing day!
    DonnaJ

Blog Entries
    wow, love those bowls. had a friend that paid about $25 for one half that size.
    love the can top, looks like a trivet. would be nice to stuff with cookies too.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

One of my go to food gifts is Snowflake Truffles. They're really easy to make and I usually put them in little boxes or treat bags to give as gifts. You can find the recipe here.....
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/snowflake-truffles/

Blog Entries
    sounds delightful!!! i think i'll try something like this. sounds light and airy too.

I had to do a Christmas Raffle for my Quilting group meeting last Saturday. I made bottle waistcoats, brown paper stockings containing Fat Quarters. I found Santa trousers on Amazon and put small button tins,scissors and thread in them! Unfortunately I wasn't able to be there but evidently everyone was happy with their gifts!!Name:  image.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  1.11 MB
    Hilary

Blog Entries
    A lot of great ideas. a lot of you chimed in on the thread catcher. didn't know they were that popular, on my list of todo for gifts. maybe you're the lucky one to receive it. love those paper stockings for goodies too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2