Glad this holiday is over

Old 12-26-2011, 04:07 PM

Yup, hubby and I no kids have to do all the traveling to celebrate Christmas Day with some of his Siblings and families...Glad it's over and we don't have to do it again until Next Yr.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:16 PM

Everything was a whirlwind this year. I spent 2 weeks with my DD and her busy family in MO the early part of December, than with my parents on Christmas Eve, and my DS on Christmas day. i was very tired, back at my parent's house, but glad my family is healthy.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:31 PM

I've never gotten in the hoopla of Christmas...even as a child, it didn't get me excited. I am happy to be returning to work tomorrow. I enjoy the family get togethers and big meals, but all else is not for me.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:46 PM

I have always loved Christmas: the color red, the sounds of music and bells, the tree, the decorations, giving the gifts and of course the wonderful food. But this year I am just plain tired and ready for the season to be over. I had carpal tunnel surgery last Friday and will have it on the other wrist this coming Friday and it was worst than I thought it would be. I had a good time celebrating at 8 different functions, but it's over and I am already thinking of changes for next year. My husband said "Let's take a cruise !" to escape it, but I don't think so. I think you just have to plan ahead and that is exactly what I am going to do. I went out today and bought some lovely gifts 50% off and will store them. I think I will email my DD and DIL and tell them a date I have planned for our dinner and tell them to put it in their calendar. I have already told my 2 good friends that we will meet next year for the New Year instead of Christmas and they agreed. Will decide later about the church dinner, that was nice, the loud mouth kid was not. I am not going to go to 8 or more parties/dinner next year and of course, no surgery if possible. Life does throw us curves sometimes, we need to bend in order to not break. I am so glad Christmas is over, did I say that before ? Thanks you all for being here.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:47 PM

There are many people out there who do not handle Christmas very well. I know my DH does not so we have tried to make it a lot simpler and cut way back on shopping and gifts. My kids are all young adults and appreciate money to spend at the Boxing Day sales so that makes it easy for me. I knew my daughter was grown up as she asked what she should bring to dinner rather than "What time do we eat?"
Old 12-26-2011, 05:05 PM
Banned

yep..I was the same way...but then on Friday I got the news that the state of OK was fining me for all of my online sales. They claim that I neglected to file EVERY sale from 08-&09 as EXCEPT from OK tax, so now I have to not only pay those taxes, but a 10% fine and 15% something else. I have 30 days to come up with $4,500.00 and I have not worked in over a year....pretty much has sent me into a deep depression and even deeper hatred of this state and its love of taxes!
Old 12-26-2011, 05:09 PM

Yes ~ glad it is done. We cut way back this year and still felt tired.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:12 PM

glad to hear that your daughter is doing so well-my neighbor went for back surgery the 14th only to find out she has lung cancer So far no metastasis but what terrible news for the holidays. Best regards and prayers for you and yours
Old 12-26-2011, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
yep..I was the same way...but then on Friday I got the news that the state of OK was fining me for all of my online sales. They claim that I neglected to file EVERY sale from 08-&09 as EXCEPT from OK tax, so now I have to not only pay those taxes, but a 10% fine and 15% something else. I have 30 days to come up with $4,500.00 and I have not worked in over a year....pretty much has sent me into a deep depression and even deeper hatred of this state and its love of taxes!
Wow that is a stiff penalty! Wishing you the best maybe you can work with then somehow on a payment plan of find a lawyer to help you. May the new year be brighter
Old 12-26-2011, 05:13 PM

Yes me too It was not the greatest hoiday-bought several gifts that were the wrong size, color etc-next year I'm skipping the commercial side of Christmas!