God Bless our Troops

Old 05-26-2009, 03:25 PM

Ahhh yes, I went to the Coastal Carolina Veteran Cemetary Memorial Day service yesterday, we (local Blue Star Mothers chapter) laid a wreath along with a 93 year old mother of a Viet Nam fallen hero and the Purple Heart association. I have to tell you it was one of the most moving ceremonies I've been to in awhile!

God Bless our active duty military, our families of the fallen, and each family with a serving military person in any war zone. With my Jim in Afghanistan, it's a little hard to attend these ceremonies and not cry. Jim's Gem, I'm right there with you, too, I hold my breath a lot of the time.

God Bless!
Old 05-26-2009, 06:49 PM

Thank you for posting this. Was a sad day remembering so many that are gone. All our service men and women and their families are in my prayers. Thank you each and every one for all that you have done or are doing. God Bless You.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:00 PM

Whenever I see someone even wearing something that suggests they are or were in the service, I find out then thank them. If it's family, I ask them to give my thanks to them and to send on to others that they know who have been or are currently in the armed forces, as well as their families.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:02 PM
Banned

Celeste, I know what you mean. I was staying in San Antonio last year at an extended stay hotel. I saw a young man in uniform in the lobby, and asked at the desk if he was staying there. Evidently he was in training of some kind and had been there a while. I never spoke with him, but I did pay for a couple of weeks of the hotel for him. I figured it was the least I could do for someone who was serving our country and I know that military pay isn't the best. I just thought how I'd want someone to treat my kid (if I had one)
Old 05-27-2009, 11:02 PM

gaigai, I bet he felt like Santa stopped by, and appreciated someone appreciating him! What a blessing you were to him!
Old 05-28-2009, 12:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Celeste
gaigai, I bet he felt like Santa stopped by, and appreciated someone appreciating him! What a blessing you were to him!
Thank you Celeste, but like I said, I never spoke to him, so I don't think he knew who did it. I wasn't looking for recognition, cause the best good deeds are done quietly. In fact I probably shouln't have said anything on the board, except I wanted to assure all the military moms that there are other peeps looking out for their chilluns too.