Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good news today!!!!!

Good news today!!!!!

I made the final payment on my truck today!

My beautiful truck is all mine!!

When we bought her in '07 she had 37 miles on the odometer. Today she has 58745 miles on her.
    It is going to be so nice having no truck payment! Only thing left to pay off is the house....all $144,000 plus 5% interest
    in 26 years it will be ours.....LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chasing Hawk; 04-19-2013 at 09:35 PM.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Blog Entries
    That is great .
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Blog Entries
    Congrats we have a yr left on our suv. luckily our tiny house is pd for but needs a lot of work!!

Love that feeling! We paid off our 07 Ford PU, (only 30,000 miles on it!)....now all the money goes into the money pit called "home"! Congratulations!!

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Good looking vehicle you have there!! I know you must love it and the new "I-really-do-own-it" feeling.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Congrats Chase!
    "He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

Wtg. Great feeling! It would be great if you could put that $ towards paying principal to the house and you might have it paid off in half the time.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations!!!! We just bought a travel trailer and I can't wait til it is paid off, just 5 years and 11 months to go!!!!
    Sherri

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post

When we bought her in '07 she had 37 miles on the odometer. Today she has 58745 miles on her.
    It is going to be so nice having no truck payment! Only thing left to pay off is the house....all $144,000 plus 5% interest
    Take a look at your payment schedule...You will notice you can make extra payments. Early on the payment is about 98% interest...you can just make the payment part early and save that much interest. Still have to make a whole payment each month but you can really save a lot and pay off faster if you do that.
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Great news!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    Good looking vehicle you have there!! I know you must love it and the new "I-really-do-own-it" feeling.

Jan in VA
    Thanks Maw,

This is our road-trip vehicle. We had toyed with the idea of getting me a new vehicle. My husband says I should be in a new one every few years. But, we don't think we will find anything as comfortable as this truck is. He has a DVT in his left leg, so seat comfort is a must. Especially where the seat touches the back of his knee.

So we decided to keep this one and wait a year or two to replace it. Besides the way the economy is it is a good idea to wait.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Thank you everyone for the replies.

Sharon,
    We can make an extra payment if we choose. But the way I see it, the longer we pay on it the better our credit.
    I should have said $144,00 @ 5% interest on a 30 yr fixed mortgage. (makes more sense)...haha
    In the 5 years of paying of the truck our credit rating is up past where we thought it would be.
    Last edited by Chasing Hawk; 04-20-2013 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniedeb View Post
    Love that feeling! We paid off our 07 Ford PU, (only 30,000 miles on it!)....now all the money goes into the money pit called "home"! Congratulations!!
    The "payment" we were making is going into saving, the regular budget and our mad money stash.

Power Poster
    Congratulations!!!! It's a good feeling to get some debt out of the way.

Thank you everyone for the replies.

Sharon,
    We can make an extra payment if we choose. But the way I see it, the longer we pay on it the better our credit.
    I should have said $144,00 @ 5% interest on a 30 yr fixed mortgage. (makes more sense)...haha
    In the 5 years of paying of the truck our credit rating is up past where we thought it would be.
    That's an expensive way to get/keep good credit. By the calculations I've done using mortgage calculators you can save 8 years off a 30 yr mortgage and lots of interest. I figured we could save $38,000 in interest by doing that on our mortgage.
    I would think you could do it by smart use of credit cards too. As it was, we were able to pay off our mortgage(not a very large one) in full ahead of time and save the interest that way.

Congrats on paying off the truck. It's a good feeling isn't it? We did that and now that money goes into a future car fund so we'll have the money when we're ready for another car.
    Sally

Isn't that a nice feeling!! In a few months you will wonder how you could afford to make a vehicle payment because the money will continue to disappear!!

Happy for You!!!!!!!!!!! Just keep putting the truck payment away, and you'll have a back up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats
    Love to quilt and play with the great grandkids

Quote Originally Posted by selm View Post
    That's an expensive way to get/keep good credit. By the calculations I've done using mortgage calculators you can save 8 years off a 30 yr mortgage and lots of interest. I figured we could save $38,000 in interest by doing that on our mortgage.
    I would think you could do it by smart use of credit cards too. As it was, we were able to pay off our mortgage(not a very large one) in full ahead of time and save the interest that way.

Congrats on paying off the truck. It's a good feeling isn't it? We did that and now that money goes into a future car fund so we'll have the money when we're ready for another car.
    We don't use credit cards at all. I have never had one in all my life. Besides the mortgage all we have is bills, like electric, phone, cell phone, cable internet, satellite tv and radio (for the trucks) and auto insurance. We have monthly prescriptions to buy as well as a doctor co pay every month. That is the extent of our bills.

That's great so happy for you. We just started on a new car payment and will be very happy when it's done and the house to. Sue

Blog Entries
    We paid off our house about 10 years ago. Then we paid off the cars. Then DH retired due to plant closing with 31 years of service. My husbands pension was illegally taken over by our government and cut down by thousands yearly. That made use credit cards for emergency purchases. I have learn to say no to myself. It is hard not to buy something I want. But being out of debt is better than losing 100 pounds.

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    Congratulations! Will this leave more money for fabric? Just a thought! LOL!
    Luv Quilts and Cats
    Never underestimate the healing effects of beauty. - Florence Nightingale

Quote Originally Posted by Luv Quilts and Cats View Post
    Congratulations! Will this leave more money for fabric? Just a thought! LOL!

Yes, LOTS.....LOL

It is such a good feeling, isn't it? Nothing like having the title to your own vehicle and owe no more on it.
    MaryB

Blog Entries
    Wow, that is good. Now you can say the money we have belongs to us, not someone else.

Blog Entries
    Congrats on your complete ownership of your nice looking truck... without the payment you can buy more fabric.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast