Good news today!!!!!

Old 04-21-2013, 06:27 AM

Congratulations!!! Last November we made the last payment on our SUV which we loved. Then two weeks later it gave us problems. To make a long and expensive story short.....after having the Transmission rebuilt it still was NOT fixed. We are now the proud owners of a big, beautiful white truck but have payments again. Life is never dull!
Old 04-21-2013, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by QM View Post
good for you!! I would suggest putting aside the amount of the truck payments for the next one, AFTER getting a couple of payments ahead on the mortgage.
I agree with this suggetion. You don't have to have a mortgage payment to have a good credit rating. I paid off my house in 2001. I use a credit card for everything I can, because they pay me 1 1/2 to 4 1/2% back. I do pay the balance off when the bill comes each month. I have never paid any interest on a credit card. I only purchase a new vehicle when I have the cash to pay for it. My credit score is 950.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:10 AM

Congratulations on your debt free truck! Great accomplishment.

RE: Mortgage......you can make extra principal payments on your mortgage and knock off a lot of years. Look at your amortization schedule. You will be able to see what the principal payment is for any given month. I. E. We made full payment for month 5 and then added the principal only payments for months 6 and 7. BE SURE TO let company know how to post your payments. You can knock a 30 year mortgage down to 15 without too much pain
Old 04-21-2013, 11:03 AM

Congrats!! What a good feeling!
Old 04-21-2013, 11:17 AM

Congratulations, what a wonderful feeling it is to have one paid off. Now to start hacking away at the house
Old 04-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Power Poster

Isn't that a great feeling....Good for you....
Old 04-21-2013, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by nygal View Post
Congratulations!!! Last November we made the last payment on our SUV which we loved. Then two weeks later it gave us problems. To make a long and expensive story short.....after having the Transmission rebuilt it still was NOT fixed. We are now the proud owners of a big, beautiful white truck but have payments again. Life is never dull!
The truck still has 17,000 miles left on the warranty.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
I made the final payment on my truck today!

My beautiful truck is all mine!!

When we bought her in '07 she had 37 miles on the odometer. Today she has 58745 miles on her.
It is going to be so nice having no truck payment! Only thing left to pay off is the house....all $144,000 plus 5% interest
in 26 years it will be ours.....LOL
You need to refinance your house! You can get interest rates under 3% now and that would save you THOUSANDS of dollars!
Old 04-21-2013, 08:06 PM

Having your house paid off is even a better feeling than having your truck paid off....but, good going. It's an accomplishment a lot of people can't say they have done the same. Do whatever works for you and your family. And, every woman needs a good truck. Happy trucking!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:59 AM

Congrats on getting your truck paid for. Now, take most of that truck payment and put it into savings for when you have to replace that truck. I did that years ago when I was working after I had paid off my car, I kept taking the car payment out and putting it into savings. When I had to replace the vehicle I had enough cash to pay the difference on the trade in and didn't have car payments. Just kept up with that car payment into savings and people at work wondered how I couldn't have a car payment when I traded vehicles. You have been making it without the additional cash for now and if you don't save it, it will fritter away here and there and you won't have a lot to show for it. As one of the ladies suggested, you could also use part of it to pay additional on your house, thereby saving you a bunch of interest and it would probably help your credit that much more as well.

Anyway glad for you and hope the truck continues to run for a long time with no problems, with the mileage you have accumulated you probably can get two more years on the warranty if it goes according to mileage.